Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I like "Joe"

Featured Sponsor

Rob, a lot of guys that are working here in Florida will be heading to the NE as soon as it gets hot , summer time down here can be brutal and when you tack on ground to ground rubber glove rules and sleeves that some of these company's tack on it can make for a long day. I have a buddy that worked all last summer in New York and loved it, said he worked nothing but Hendrix cable. Good luck. Charlie.

Thanks Charlie. I am working on it right now , hopefully somebody can get work visas. I worked in gloves and sleeves one summer in Connecticut. I don’t mind telling ya there sure are hot! We don’t have sleeves here in Ontario yet, but the way I have seen some of the new generation work, I don’t think they are too far away!

Blog Entries

I worked in gloves and sleeves my whole career in the hot, humid Jersey summers. I have no idea how you guys in Florida do it in the summer. I’ll tell ya this, it gets awful cold in Jersey in the 🥶 and the gloves and sleeves suck in the winter too. Not sure how you guys in Canada deal with frozen fingers 4 months out of the year.....
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

Well Labor, yeah it’s cold, but we do have these little cotton liners for our rubber gloves that do a decent job of keeping our hands warm . Oh yeah , and warming them up on the truck heater helps a lot. Most decent foreman here will tell you to take a break whenever you get cold.

t have been lucky the only time I have ever had to wear sleeves have been when I was working off of a Baker board , the rest of the time just cover up good and work out of your leathers and rubber gloves when needed, but there aren't many places left that don't have at the very least a ground to ground rubber glove policy.

Wow Charlie, I thought those days of working sensible are long gone. Everybody here is anal about the ground to ground rubber glove rule. I am actually surprised they haven’t tried to bring in sleeves yet.

Blog Entries

Yeah Rob, had the cotton liners, summer weight and winter weight and I had to go up a glove size in the winter. Put the gloves on the dash with the defroster roaring or under the heater but when it’s cold, it’s cold. Some foreman have sense but before I left we had foreman with about 2 days in the trade with no idea how to get work done......
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

Featured Sponsorr

Good point , Labor . That’s mostly all we have here now , foreman with it seems like 2 days in the trade, no common sense , and no sense of humour. They can quote the rule book but don’t ask them how the rule works!