1. Default Mathematics for lineman

Featured Sponsor

Hoping someone (with experience) can clear this up for me. I am looking at attending a line school soon and wondering what math is involved and necessary/required to know. Any other helpful info geared towards preparing for this would be appreciated
    thank

You could ask the lineschool, but generally just basic arithmetic is required.

Complex power calculations are more likely to be done by an engineer.
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

Blog Entries

Are you talking about paying to go to a school like North West Line? Or have you been accepted by an employer and going to their school? Where I was before I retired, you were accepted after passing a rigorous climbing test then accepted at a affiliated college. The college curriculum includes math, you’ll graduate with a 2 year degree. While you attend college, you’ll also attend Line school at the company.
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

Blog Entries

Featured Sponsorr

http://catalog.brookdalecc.edu/previ...1&returnto=684

The link will take you to the prerequisites and curriculum. You graduate with a C or better, the Utility Company reimburses you’re tuition. It appears that algebraic modeling is the only math required. When I broke in a lifetime ago, if you knew what 2+2 equaled, you were physically fit, could climb a pole and a tower, you got hired and got paid through your apprenticeship. Different ballgame today, too many bean counters involved, not enough experienced supervisors in the field and the supervisors all look over their shoulders and blame the Union workers when the shit hits the fan. I hope this helps, my advice is to try and hire on with a utility or, better yet, an IBEW apprenticeship. Good luck.🍀
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt