1. Default Getting a second shot?

Featured Sponsor

So about 6 months ago I tried with one of the line constructors unions , I had a lot on my plate personally and didn’t expect the process to move so quick (applied and was working within a month), I tried to move, tried to get a travel trailer, mine worked out so I was staying out of a hotel and ran out of money, plus let my personal shit get to me and ended up dropping out of the program, I have two young kids which didn’t make it easier. Well since then I’ve done some soul searching, got my stuff together, got a trailer and pickup, I’m prepared and ready now! I’ve applied to another jurisdiction since I’m not allowed to apply again to the same one within a year of quitting. What’re the odds of getting a second chance at this? Or is it usually a one and done kinda deal? I was told lineman are in huge demand now due to baby boomers starting to retire and not a lot of people are physically and mentally prepared fir this career.

to help myself I’ve read books, talked to lineman, signed the books as a ground man, no luck yet but still just starting to try to get back in. Have a CDL, first aid, cpr, EMT, osha 10, safeland, oilfield experience and some construction labor experience.

just was curious if it’s likely to get a second chance even in another jurisdiction, I’m ready to rock this time and know what to expect. It wasn’t easy but nothing worth having ever is. I’ve put some money away for tools also as I didn’t have any last time.

forgot to add I was never technically an apprentice just a pre apprentice ground laborer basically. Worked a week before I let it get to me, like I said mostly family stuff but the huge work culture change didn’t help but I’m ready now and have been preparing.
    Last edited by jamesh23; 02-10-2020 at 10:53 PM.