Default Other solutions for Installing Connectors?

Featured Sponsor

Hi All - New to the forum!

I was comparing the Ampact and Burndy Wejtap... came across a battery op hydraulic tool to do the job. Would be way safer than dealing with gunpowder. It looks way heavier and larger, so is that the reason it never picked up despite potential safety advantages?

Couldn't find it anywhere but this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDHmida1NWc

Why isn't battery op being used instead of a gunpowder explosion?

Interesting. But would you like to carry that tool down a small right of way , on foot , with ant other equipment for a half a mile or so? I know
    ampacts are very reliable, and the tool is relatively lightweight and easy to use. The biggest thing with ampacts is to stay out of the line of fire. They are relatively compact too, space for tools on our trucks is always a problem, and many spots connections are made are quite tight, especially secondary.

Blog Entries

We only started using them on the property I worked on right before I retired so I didn’t use them so much. I’ll say this, they’re a third of the weight of the hydraulic presses I used for 43 years!
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

Featured Sponsorr

I have never seen or heard of this tool. Battery powered tools have come a long way , and in most cases lighter and easier to use. Now I work for a contractor and getting any kind of battery tool is like pulling teeth from a rock. This battery powered amp tool looks interesting.