1. Default I could use a bit of advice

Featured Sponsor

Hello, I could use a bit of advice so here’s my situation I started in 2014 with a non union utility company did their apprenticeship and at the time they were not DOL certified so I didn’t receive my DOL journeyman card (not that it means much anyway) I left that utility in 2019 to go contract in Texas where I was offered a transmission working foreman position. A lot of guys I came up with at the utility Oklahoma have since left and gone to the union, they required 10,000 hours which I have and to go in as a “construction lineman” for a certain period of time until you have proven yourself then you can challenge the test. My question is 80% of my experience has been in transmission 69kv-345kv deenergized and with hot sticks, So I’m obviously not where I need to be when it comes to distribution. My ultimate goal is to join the IBEW get my ticket and get away from the non union side. I’ve seen some very shady practices on this side. I just need some help getting pointed in the right direction.

thanks.