1. Default Career change looking at apprenticeship program in the NW- Will my background Help?

Featured Sponsor

Hi everyone. I am seeking advise from those who interested in helping. I am 29 years old and have interest switching career paths in hopes of joining my local lineman union in Portland, Oregon. It is very competitive. I have an opportunity to work for a crane company as a non union worker. I will be learning hand signaling, rigging and operating small boom trucks. My question is, could this translate to helping me get into my line work union? I am currently in medical device sales but again I am set in getting into the apprenticeship for line work. On the side my certs are: CDL permit, flagger safety cert, forklift cert, 4 year college degree. I have been on the out of work list for linewoek for three months and no calls. I was told working in another trade also the crane and rigging trade will be helpful??? My apprenticeship interviews begin next December. Thank you all for the help. Any other suggestions will be helpful!