Thread: Preferred AED?

1. Default Preferred AED?

Featured Sponsor

Hi all,

I've been a forum stalker for awhile here but first time poster. I've read a few threads related to the importance of AEDs or automated external defibrillators as part of proper or ideal emergency preparedness. I was curious if any of you have any experience with a specific AED and if so, which one you and what your opinions were? I'm doing some research and would life some first-hand opinions. Also, any information on a preferred vendor is welcome. I've been looking at the following so far:

Philips Heartstart Onsite AED
    ZOLL AED Plus
    Cardiac Science Powerheart g5 AED
    Defibtech Lifeline Auto AED

Thanks for the input.

The Zoll ones are notable for having the longest storage life for the pads and also use easy to change lithium batteries available from many suppliers.

That makes their overall cost much lower than other units like the Philips, and reduces the maintenance.

The Zoll also has a fairly easy to align chest pad with built in pressure sensor for monitoring compressions.

Not sure which is the best in terms of handling the vibration of travel in a work truck though.
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

3. Default Better late than never...

Featured Sponsorr

Super late reply, but thanks a ton for the input. I appreciate it. I ended up looking at AEDs for sale at Heartsmart.com and went ZOLL.
    Last edited by mike_hammer_1; 02-10-2022 at 02:10 PM.