Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Featured Sponsor

That's funny, I tell Airman (lower ranking folks) that all the time. I work on aircraft so if I don't know something or don't ask there's a chance some may die.

I'm sure you all can relate.

2. Default

Any socal heads up in here ?

San Diego here, have any good leads on any apprenticeships?

4. Default

Yep.. Los Angeles here

5. Default Wanting to become a lineman

hey there folks, just wondering what the best way to go about starting a career in being a lineman here in illinois. any information would be helpful!

Custer's Last Stand, St. Louis City, Missouri, USA

Go back and read all the postings on this thread. Definitely get your Class "A" CDL. Read my bio and find out what didn't work years ago, but might work today. Also, be prepared to move to some other part of the country. This is something I did NOT think about trying in the those "early" years.
    Last edited by stiffneck; 04-07-2015 at 07:43 PM.

7. Default Advice for a girl wanting to be a lineman

I was just wondering if anyone had in advice for a 18 year old girl who wants to be a lineman. Im used to working outside and in the elements, but I didn't know if there was any other obstacles that might be difficult.

8. Default Hopeful apprentice and ALBAT

Gentlemen,

I have been interviewing with local utilities and applying across the country for apprentice and groundman positions for the past 2 years religiously. A little background - I have worked as a trimmer and groundman for a local tree company, I have my CDL A, OSHA 10, and climbing experience. My resume is dominated by my work experience as a Golf Professional, yes I know, completely unrelated and irrelevant, but it is what it is. I left my cushy job as a Golf Pro to become a lineman.

I interviewed with ALBAT out of local 1393 this past October (2015) and I ranked #15. I believe I am currently #11 with interviews coming up in February.

I am currently a self employed personal trainer - this is what I attended Indiana University for. I want nothing more than to go to work as an apprentice for a union company or an organization such as ALBAT; problem is I don't have work experience necessary to get my foot in the door and I can't afford to work for a non-union shop and take a pay cut as I am providing for my family (wife and 1yr old son).

Anyone know of anything I haven't thought of?

Can anyone tell me their opinion on my current rank with ALBAT at #11 - think I'll get the call?

9. Default which JATC needs more apprentices?

Quote Originally Posted by jmaxwell9 View Post
    Gentlemen,

Anyone know of anything I haven't thought of?

Can anyone tell me their opinion on my current rank with ALBAT at #11 - think I'll get the call?
    Hey man, any update on the ALBAT? I'm just curious, if you got picked up within couple of months, since #11 looks good.

I'm considering applying to ALBAT. I've already applied to Mountain states + Cal/Nev.

Default Newest Lightning Bug

Featured Sponsorr

Hey guys,

Checking in. Grandpa was a lineman and uncle was, didn't think much about it growing up. Was a Power Generator Mechanic in the Service because they were giving a huge bonus. Woke up one day last month and thought it was time to do something different than turn wrenches or drive truck for people who give less than a fart about me. Not scared of heights, and electricity seems to get along with me. WTH I'm going to be a lineman. Going next week to a union house down the street to talk to some fellows. Hope to see you guys around. Be safe and I"ll check back in later.