1. Default 18 looking to get into linework

Featured Sponsor

Hi my name is Andrew I'm looking to get into linework have 0 knowledge or experience I hold an in state cdl class A with no restrictions I live in Jacksonville Florida (FL CDL) I'm looking to get into the field and have a lot of questions. Being that I'm 18 will it be hard to find a job? Is lineman school a good option? should I sign the books? What should I do?

There used to be several contractors that worked for JEA and FP&L is also big all the way from just North of you all the way down to Miami on the East coast of Florida and they have a lot of contractors working for them, going with a contractor is going to be your best bet to get your foot in the door, go on Indeed and do a job search for apprentice lineman and you will find someone who will give you a chance. When I was trying to get in the trade back in the 80's I would stop everytime I saw a contract linecrew working and ask about a job and that's how I got my first job as a grunt on a linecrew and I never went a day un-employed until I retired last year . Good luck.

3. Default

There are many important things in life, buy facebook accounts with paypal and it's easy to get caught up in all of them. One of the key principles of design is hierarchy, and keeping it simple will help you communicate your thoughts more clearly. For example, instead of focusing on the last thing on your list, focus on the top item. That way, you'll have a clear idea of what to focus on. This principle is also essential to managing your time and ensuring that you don't spend too much time on unnecessary tasks. buy bulk gmail accounts

4. Default

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by Lineman North Florida View Post
    There used to be several contractors that worked for JEA and FP&L is also big all the way from just North of you all the way down to Miami on the East coast of Florida and they have a lot of contractors working for them, going with a contractor is going to be your best bet to get your foot in the door, go on Indeed and do a job search for apprentice lineman and you will find someone who will give you a chance. When I was trying to get in the trade back in the 80's I would stop everytime I saw a contract linecrew working and ask about a job and that's how I got my first job as a grunt on a linecrew and I never went a day un-employed until I retired last year . Good luck.
    Contracting companies are a good option for getting into the electrical utility industry as an apprentice lineman. Check job search platforms like Indeed for opportunities. Networking and approaching linecrews can also help. Best of luck!