Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Mass. Electric Worker burnt.

Featured Sponsor

In the Merrimack valley today. Med. flight to Boston burn hospital. Rumors so far is that he will loose his arm. Other details are scetchey so far as to how it happened. I do know it was 13kv.
    This man is a hard worker and always comes in when called. Works a lot of OT to support his family.
    I'll post more info when I can.

Default A little more info

He was hanging a down guy on a transformer pole. A cracked/defective AB Chance cutout above him broke and the high side of it came down and made contact.

Was he working 13k single phase as in 23 Phase to Phase? or 13kv as in 8200 phase to Ground?

Our thoughts will be with him.......hope he and his family ge through this ok.

13.2 phase to phase.

Elric Guest

Crap Is it the second/third case when cross-arm breaks down and makes a contact? Damn, you wear rubber gloves and sleeves, you keep it safe ensuring you have no nails in the boots and then some stupid cross arm breaks...is there any way to test them?

We have had problems with Chance cut-outs before. I hope Rusty goes after Chance because this problem has been ongoing for years.
    Harley

Eligible to retire at anytime – when it quits being fun I’m gone

TEX Guest

Default A.b. Take A Chance !

Like I've said before. The porcelain Chance products are no F'n good. I hope his family sues the liv'n hell out of them. They've been "KNOWN" defective for years and Chance has known it. Maybe he can take down some management assholes with this too. Like I've said before, if you had a defective shotgun stick, switch stick, linc stick or whatever, it would be OFF the property in ten seconds, but they'll keep hurting and killing people with this shit. Change it out! You corporate assholes or face criminal charges! I know you butt plugs read this. I hope some prosecutor throws your shinney pants asses right in prison. Murder? or Manslaughter? Take your pick you ass holes. I hope some lifer drills ya right in the ass.

8. Default chance

wel said but the co has cut a deal years ago to avoid liability i bet they skate.

He has lost his right arm just above the elbow and they are trying to save his left hand. It was single phase 7620v, pole top, no cross arm. On this setup we mount the cutout on a 8" stand off bracket. He had finnished the guy and noticed the can bolts were loose. He put the hydraulic impact gun on the can bolts to snug it up. The bolts were grounded through the tank ground. The top part of the cutout and tap hit him in the upper arm area. I guess you can read between the lines here! The 65k line fuse at the end of the street did not blow, the door or fuse holder burnt up. We had a 'safety stand down' today. The out come from this will not be pretty!

Featured Sponsorr

Thats even worse that he was doing something that a lot of guys would've said the hell with by tightening those can bolts up. Now by doing the best job he could do hes paying for it.....I hope these corporate POS go down for this!