Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Featured Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Henny
    We all know about these cutouts but if this lineman had worn his rubber gloves he might have not had this contact. Rubber gloves Ground to Ground, you never know when the unexpected will happen and your life or limb will be spared.
    I don't think the cable landed on his hands. With rubber gloves on the current would have taken another route to earth, quite possibly the length of his body with much more serious consequences.

Losing part of an arm and the other hand is bad, but perhaps slightly preferable to death.

rusty Guest

Angry

Hinny,

Things are not always as they appear??? My question to you is, WHAT DOES IT MATTER where the fault is??? " IF " this Brother made a mistake does that let the company deny him and his family A SMALL portion of the profits and maybe even some of their bonus money, TO DO THE RIGHT THING??? Or do you feel it is justice served to force him and his family to try and survive off workers comp and social security???? Do years of service count for anything?? What was the companies profits last year? What were the bonuses paid to management??? Those sitting behind a desk in no danger of all are entitled to MILLIONS in bonuses EVERY YEAR, then a Brother who has spent his life making those profits and bonuses MAY OR MAY NOT have made a mistake, and it is justice to force him and his family to settle at the mercy of the BS????? I think it is great when companies can make money, but when those who receive a far more lion share of that money, who are in no danger of all turn on a Brother and his family, just to protect their profits and bonuses LIABILTY OR NOT, THEY SHOW NO HONOR NOR CLASS and are parasites not worthy of ANYBODIES LOYALTY OR LABOR!!!!

I pray that doesn't happen in this case, " BUT " EVERY Brother and their families that work for this out fit, should be watching, BECAUSE YOU MAY BE NEXT, and wil recieve the same kind of treatment!!!!! If they deny this Brother and his family justice by laying the blame on him, EVERYONE SHOULD START LOOKING FOR ANOTHER JOB!

3. Default a.b. cut-outs

i am sorry to here about the man getting hurt . i have never had cut -out a.b. or others just break for no reason . i have seen crews abuse the material before was put in service and companies and lineman not take the time to preform the required maintance on the systems we work . the biggest problems have seen with any material has been shipping &handling before it gets to the job.

TEX Guest

Quote Originally Posted by biff2ibew
    i am sorry to here about the man getting hurt . i have never had cut -out a.b. or others just break for no reason . i have seen crews abuse the material before was put in service and companies and lineman not take the time to preform the required maintance on the systems we work . the biggest problems have seen with any material has been shipping &handling before it gets to the job.
    Got to agree with Tgroove. Anyone worth his salt knows about the ABChance cut-outs breaking. I've changed a lot of broken and many "about" to break! (Better put that jumper on reallll easy.) This problem is old and still the corporate assholes don't have a dedicated program to get rid of them and the aluminum ABChance dead-end glass. Ya better get up to speed there Biff!

5. Default a.b. cut-outs

thanks for the welcome to the form. to let you know i have been in the trade 10 years . i currently work in fla. for city utility where if they can save buck they will. i also worked in the contactor side as a tramp lineman. now have i have work many stroms where the only thing that has kept the line up has been the stinger from the top of the cut-out and the cut-out never broke . now i always take the time to replace that cut-out . i know there are many that take short cuts and abuse the crap out the equipment the thats put on the poles . there is many good hands that take the time to look the pole over to do what this man did to fix or clean apole to make it right. but i know as a night time -t man what can happen and the way the companies think. cheap ,quick, and as fast you can . i work alone with no back up ( no 2nd man or crew) everyone is on call if you can get them. so you can see the when it come to cut-outs they can be areal hazards . i llook every one with care and respect. now if every company and lineman would do the same. just the same i know about company cover -ups . i have some who works in personal injury law and workers comp. . and to see hear and know men that hurt for life or dead is not easy. if we all just take the time as workers to look things over . to never let your guard down never count on that person before you that he was as mindful as you.

rusty Guest

Question

biff,

Welcome as well, got some questions for you. How much is your life or that of a Brother and the fair treatment of his or your family worth, REGARDLESS of who or what caused it to happen???? Is it wrong to want those injured and killed and their families to receive a SMALL portion of the profits and bonuses of those who reap the lions share, that are in no danger at all and have been doing so EVERY YEAR??? Who do so at the cost of our blood, sweat and limbs and lives day in day out, and we are not in comfort controlled environments year after year. Sure we get a pay check as do those who receive MILLIONS in profits and bonuses YEARLY??? Those who receive bonuses do so for going above and beyond, and rightfully so! But how is a Brother who gives his limbs or life not GIVING MORE??? Is it wrong to hold those accountable that sell for profit things that are defective??? Or hold those accountable for creating a work environment that due to profit concerns cause injuries and death??? Or hold those accountable due to manpower needs controlled by profits who KNOWINGLY place unskilled workers in life threatening situations???

Everybody hate attorneys, until you need one! And then when you do, you either want the cheapest one you can find or the best money can buy depending on your needs! The problem today, is the hate for attorneys has been used to tie the hands of the courts and to manipulate our justice system ALL INFAVOR of the insurance companies and those who are liable! Thereby denying justice to those who are truly needy and deserving, ALL IN THE NAME OF GREED AND PROFITS!!! Those in power and control have manipulated justice at the cost of fairness to those who die and are maimed and their loved ones, solely to protect their profits!!! Right is right and wrong is wrong, and if they can have untold resources and lawyers to protect their interests, IT IS NOT WRONG for us to protect ourselves and families! The sad part is we even have to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rusty;

As always, very well put. Thank you.

8. Default good ponit

rusty i agree with you about way the money trail works .no amount $$$$,s make-up for a mans life. my point i was tring to get across to everyone is that we or the middle man shipper ,ape,s and the low paid factor worker some times cause our problems . now iam in agreement with the accountablity for wrongful or the miss guide profit over the well being of each other. my reason for the involement in this converstion is to find outmore information ,to understand why or how you seem to have knowledge of so many failures of this product ? ive worked 7620 & 13200 phase to ground . also i work in very salt containate /chemical area most our system materials are going to stainless steel . so give me little ,more imformation ?

rusty Guest

Angry

loodvig,

THANKS BROTHER!

biff,

I understand where you are coming from, and the answers may save lives and limbs in the future. But what drives me crazy, IS WHO GIVES A SHI* who's fault it was! If a Brother gave 30 years of his life in this trade, THEY DAM* well can take care of him and his family, AS WELL AS HE HAS BEEN PROVIDING BONUSES AND PROFITS FOR THEM " THE LAST 30 YEARS" !!!!!!! To cast him and his wife and babies to a world THEY MANIPULATED to distance themselves from liability, IS BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I OPENLY DARE " EACH " and everyone of these utilities and owners TO CREATE A FUND managed by me, that anybody who participates can audit AT ANY TIME! And I will fly to each and everyone that is injured or killed and do as much as the fund will allow!!!!!!!!!!!! You want to end BS law suites STAND THE F___ UP!!! We can take the interest off the money and turn it back in to the fund to care for those that are NEXT!!!!! These people make BILLIONS of dollars a year, NOT COUNTING what they pay out in bonuses!!! If they would all chip in and help me build a fund of a 100 MILLION dollars, that would go a long way in caring for the average 50 BROTHERS KILLED and the 100+ a year injured !!!!!!!!!!! And if the families knew they had help, THE LAW SUITS WOULD BE FAR LESS!!!!

RIGHT IS RIGHT AND WRONG IS WRONG!!! With this fund everybody is taken care of!!!! They family doesn't have to beg for justice, and the owners don't have to admit GUILT! And it would be TAX deductable for the owners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT WILL NOT HAPPEN " BECAUSE " THE LAWYERS " ON BOTH SIDES GET CUT OUT" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default More bad news!

Featured Sponsorr

Well, they tried everything. They had to take Pat's left hand. From what I heard, they kept taking small pieces, but in the end the whole hand had to go. So now he has a 4" right stump and the left is gone at the wrist.