Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default check out what my dad pulled out of my pond

Featured Sponsor

my dad and i where fishing at my pond this evening..i caught about 3 bass between 3-5 pounds..and my bubble gum trick worm had to be changed..i saw a swirll in the water and pointed it out to my dad while i franticly tried to get a new worm on my hook..he casted out just past the swirll and BAM!!..pulled in this monster..but if i didn't catch it i wouldn't perfer anyone in the world other than my dad to pull something like this in..this made his weekend..

Default Nice fish !

One day I hope to have myself a pond stocked like that !

Koga

between me and my neighbor..we have about an 80 acer pond..about 40 on my land and it joins his that has about 40 acers also..it was well worth the money we spent to build it..our whole family really enjoys it..it was sorta swamp land we cleared out and cleaned up..so most of the fish were already in their..i spend about 50.00 a month on fish food, and could spend more than that..but i try to ration it out..

Nice fish! Sounds like you got a great private lake going over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Squizzy
    Nice fish! Sounds like you got a great private lake going over there.
    Yeah and what have you got in western Australia?.... Sand pits.

Still, I've heard the barbeques are pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by BigClive
    Yeah and what have you got in western Australia?.... Sand pits.

Still, I've heard the barbeques are pretty good.
    Sand pits hey? We do actually have some flowing rivers and even some lakes that have water in them. Then if you get bored with that there is several thousand kilometers of coastline to fish from. But you are right about the barbeques they are pretty good if you can remember them especially if you drink cider.....

So what about the impending doom of global warming turning Perth into a parched waterless wasteland? Eh?

So are you guys going to start using wooden poles anytime soon? Where's the fun in concrete. You can't do the macho climbing thing with that.

(Uh oh, too much cider.)

I wonder if the concrete poles are going to turn out to be a liability with regards to crumbling failure in the future.... I suppose the relatively high temperature will keep excessive moisture from rotting the reinforcement.

Default nice

fish showed the picture to my twin boys (5 years old) they said that was them in the picture. pushin dad to go a little more often.
    LINEMAN DO IT WITH MORE POWER.

Quote Originally Posted by BigClive
    So what about the impending doom of global warming turning Perth into a parched waterless wasteland? Eh?

So are you guys going to start using wooden poles anytime soon? Where's the fun in concrete. You can't do the macho climbing thing with that.

(Uh oh, too much cider.)

I wonder if the concrete poles are going to turn out to be a liability with regards to crumbling failure in the future.... I suppose the relatively high temperature will keep excessive moisture from rotting the reinforcement.
    MMM Perth been coastal, global warming correct me if i am wrong but that wouldn't be a waterless wasteland because if it gets warmer the ocean level will rise. Good thing is if it goes about 40 meters (upwards that is) i should be able to fish from my back yard and my property value will sky-rocket by being close to the beach.
    But untill then i will just have to drive the 10minutes or so to go fishing. Fishing here at the moment has been great to say the least i have been catching Australian salmon(no relation to the Atlantic variety) most being around 5kg mark (11lb).
    Here is the latest fishing report

www.fishingwa.com/a_reports/Fishingreport.pdf

Whats this about concrete poles? I think we have about 20 odd thousand of them out of 1,000,000 or so poles we don't use gaffs as our poles are hardward, the new poles are all CCA treated...

Featured Sponsorr

Perth is coastal!!! I really must look at a map sometime.

I thought Australia had embraced concrete poles quite early on. I didn't realise you had a lot of wood. Are they all bucket accessible or does some climbing get done?