Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19

Thread: Local 15 News

Featured Sponsor

The rumbling is getting louder every day about a strike in september. Management has already suckered a few local 15 boys to join the dark side so they will have a few experienced hands. Start saving some cash for the mortgage payments.

I'm sorry to hear that things out tere are so bad. I think my company liek many others is close on your heels. They are giving us GPS, giving the meter readers ford focuses, and looking at AMR so that they can eventually get rid of a whole class of union employees. It is sad but true when I was a kid my dad was a lineman for the local utility. They took care of you. UNIon mangement relationships weren't always great, but you knew who your boos was and what their goals were. Now who knows. Like you we are coming up on a contract negotiation. I hope that your membership is preparing for a strike. Too many of us are up to our eyeballs in debt. It allows the company to jam stuff down our throats. SO save your money and stick it to them. Its nice to see that your company does that stupid signing bonus to distract the weaker sheep. Good luck my thoughts will be with you.

I think you are seeing the wave of the future of investor owned's! Sounds just like Mid American/Rocky Mountain/pacificorp! 659 settled, not sure how their retirement went. 125 is in negotiations now, UWUA127 is a year away yet. AMR's are going in all the time, only makes business sense, I guess, all the REA's have had remote reads for years. OUr company thinks they are progressive, yet they still walk in the stone age. Now lots of talk of load management, LOL! Muni's have had that for 20 years, Co-ops and REA';s have had it longer than that. Our trucks, diggers, buckets, are being driven 200K, being almost completely rebuilt. And trust me 200K miles in Wy is a lot of hard miles. Only time in my life I wish I was 59 1/2~!

Hey Patriot...

59 and 1/2 you and me both brother!!!! I am hearing a little and its not good out of our negotiations....Pension and retiree medical supposedly a lot like what 659 settled for....2 % on the wages...your 2 % esop is at risk by a "goals meeting" process....but since negotiations are still going on anything can change...so we'll wait and see....Really makes you want to bust your ass during the storms huh? Soon as a package comes out to vote..I will get one over to you!!! Hang in there. Oh and by the way 80/20 on the medical down from 90/10
    Last edited by IN THE SHADOWS; 03-23-2008 at 09:52 PM.

Thanks my friend! Information is good! And communications!

Default re:659

Patriot.....Check your e-mail

The strike in september looks quite possible.
    Things are getting ugly.

Default Not a chance...BTW....

Local 15 won't do it. Too weak, but that's a good bluff. And how are things getting any uglier than they have been?

BTW, What's up with the guy that got burned? How's he doing, who was he, all the info that the co. won't give to anyone? Why didn't you post it in accidents?
    If I wanted to go to work, I would of answered the phone!

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGO HAND. View Post
    The strike in september looks quite possible.
    Things are getting ugly.

Strikes are never fun. I feel for the ones that have to picket. Last time I was IBEW strike pay was $85 a week. Ugly if you got a family to feed.

I hope you guys stand up for what you want! Dont back down and I wish you all luck. Keep us updated.