Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Tell me it isn't so

Featured Sponsor

Line crews were replacing a 25 kVA transformer with a 50 kVA transformer, redoing the services fed by the transformer, and installing two new services. In the course of the work, a crew chief decided to realign a cutout. He went up in the bucket with leather work gloves only. As he placed both hands on the cutout, an arc occurred. He received burns to both hands.

Hey, loodvig, have you seen this? National grid eastern division-Dec. 21

Rat
    You saying that he only had the fuse tube out with the line side still hooked up?

yes,thats how i understood it

Quote Originally Posted by KingRat View Post
    Line crews were replacing a 25 kVA transformer with a 50 kVA transformer, redoing the services fed by the transformer, and installing two new services. In the course of the work, a crew chief decided to realign a cutout. He went up in the bucket with leather work gloves only. As he placed both hands on the cutout, an arc occurred. He received burns to both hands.

Hey, loodvig, have you seen this? National grid eastern division-Dec. 21
    No I didn't see it. Being retired I'm out of the rumor loop now. Where did this guy work? I have to side with you on this one K-Rat. A pretty stupid move!
    Last edited by loodvig; 12-24-2006 at 08:46 AM.
    National Grid = Retired! US Army vet. 68 - 70
    As of April of 2010 I quit smoking! It's been hard but so far no butts! I am now an X smoker!

eastern N.Y. was acrew chief
    Last edited by lineman345; 12-24-2006 at 07:08 AM.

Sounds like a brain fart to me. One of those incidents where he simply forgot to put on the rubber gloves.

Someone mentioned a while back on this forum about not wearing their leathers unless they have their rubbers on. That way they are less likely to get caught out.

We've made it a habit when changing o/h tubs to allways lift the hot line clamp also. That way man in the air shouldn't get in trouble. Still have to allways be watching out for each other.

I thought 'we made it a habit' of wearing rubber gloves in a primary area. I hope the man is OK, but that was a dumb fukin move on his part!
    National Grid = Retired! US Army vet. 68 - 70
    As of April of 2010 I quit smoking! It's been hard but so far no butts! I am now an X smoker!

Default Ground to Ground Rubber Gloves

This is a good example why we had to go to the ground to ground rubber glove rule- is it the same in other parts of the country? Crew chiefs should be setting an example, even the most experienced can make mistakes, thats why your groundman has to be paying attention and it has to be taught.

Featured Sponsorr

everyone lOOk out for each other