Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Question Dick Cheney IBEW member

Featured Sponsor

How many of you know that "Richard Cranium" Cheney was at one time a member of the IBEW. It is my understanding that after flunking out of college(Yale) in 1960 he went to work as a grunt on a linecrew in Wyoming. Can you imagine being up a pole and there on the ground directly under you is none other than old Dickhead. I know what I would do, how about you?
    Last edited by wudwoker51; 03-13-2007 at 11:19 PM.
    " When character is lost, all is lost "

dbrown20 Guest

Default Chaney

Yeah, I've heard and seen reference to that. I remember one documentary that interviewed some of his friends. One said. "It was grueling work in the hot sun when he was building those power lines in Wyo." Ha!

Another in newsweek said he was a "utility lineman". Why those ya hoos don't check their references a little closer, I don't know. The time frame given when referencing those things make me doubt if he would have even have had time to complete an apprenticeship. I'm sure he was just a grunt. I worked in Wyoming for about 8 years and never heard this mentioned until after he became VP. dbrown20

3. Default Hold on there...

Quote Originally Posted by SBatts View Post
    And to think 1 Lineman up a pole could have saved 3,000 plus American lives and 20,000 wounded not to say 100's of thousands of Iraqis by dropping a large wire grip.

By the way why wasn't this **** drafted with 5 college deferrments when he flunked out???? More republican scum.
    C'mon Steve. Dems got deferments, too. It is the old story about the "haves" and the "have-nots". If you "have" connections, you "have-not" had to dodge bullets. Sure, 5 deferrments is excessive and unusual, but Clinton got one, Bush got one, and I am sure a shitload of Senators and Congressmen got'em, too.

Default Maybe a wannabe

No way was Ole Dickhead a lineman, his future father-in-law at the time was either pissed at him for failing again or had come to realize that his future son-in-law was a %#@!$&^ loser ( probably both) so he arranged a summer job as a grunt as punishment. As far as deferments go, if the men who send our troops to war had either served in one or had relatives that did, I doubt if they would be so quick as to put them in harms way. Working men and women from our middle class on down have always fought America's wars and always will. Most of the boys born with a silver spoon in their mouth are pussies.
    Last edited by wudwoker51; 03-15-2007 at 11:16 PM.

Talking One More Time!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave@PSE&G View Post
    C'mon Steve. Dems got deferments, too. It is the old story about the "haves" and the "have-nots". If you "have" connections, you "have-not" had to dodge bullets. Sure, 5 deferrments is excessive and unusual, but Clinton got one, Bush got one, and I am sure a shitload of Senators and Congressmen got'em, too.
    Bush served in the Air National Guard. For the ? time that is legitimate military service.

wudwoker51, "How many of you know that "Richard Cranium" Cheney was at one time a member of the IBEW. It is my understanding that after flunking out of college(Yale) in 1960 he went to work as a grunt on a linecrew in Wyoming. Can you imagine being up a pole and there on the ground directly under you is none other than old Dickhead. I know what I would do, how about you?"

Hey Wuudie, so what would YOU do?? Allright your're going to outsmart Cheney............heh, heh. So lets see, Cheneys the head of Haliburton, a multi-millionare. So what is it you do for a living..........I forget??
    MY WORK IS MY PLAY!!

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by "little beaver" View Post
    Bush served in the Air National Guard. For the ? time that is legitimate military service.
    That's true, Beav. I'm a Bush supporter, but even I admit that his military record is, well, let's just say "less than stellar".

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "little beaver" View Post

wudwoker51, "How many of you know that "Richard Cranium" Cheney was at one time a member of the IBEW. It is my understanding that after flunking out of college(Yale) in 1960 he went to work as a grunt on a linecrew in Wyoming. Can you imagine being up a pole and there on the ground directly under you is none other than old Dickhead. I know what I would do, how about you?"

Hey Wuudie, so what would YOU do?? Allright your're going to outsmart Cheney............heh, heh. So lets see, Cheneys the head of Haliburton, a multi-millionare. So what is it you do for a living..........I forget??

So it's all predicated on wealth, so if you can steal the most????
    Last edited by Orgnizdlbr; 03-17-2007 at 02:35 PM.
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

Angry Here's your answer, Little Beaver

When the 32oz. hammer was about 5ft. from Old Dickhead's skull I'd yell HEADACHE, knowing that being the dumbass he is instead of moving he would look straight up and take it right between the eyes. As far as what I do is what I have always done, linework. A self made man, I didn't need daddy or daddy-in-laws help to succeed. No I'm not a CEO or a millionaire I'm just an old JL living life on the line and I would not want it any other way. Any working man who supports the republican'ts like Dubya and Dickhead need their heads examined. These so called entitled assholes are out to destroy working class America which will in turn destroy America.
    Last edited by wudwoker51; 03-18-2007 at 09:35 PM.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by wudwoker51 View Post
    When the 32oz. hammer was about 5ft. from Old Dickhead's skull I'd yell HEADACHE, knowing that being the dumbass he is instead of moving he would look straight up and take right between the eyes. As far as what I do is what I have always done, linework. A self made man, I didn't need daddy or daddy-in-laws help to succeed. No I'm not a CEO or a millionaire I'm just an old JL living life on the line and I would not want it any other way. Any working man who supports the republican'ts like Dubya and Dickhead need their heads examined. These so called entitled assholes are out to destroy working class America which will in turn destroy America.
    Hey wud, I understand where you're coming from. I am working class like yourself. I am, however, a republican supporter. How can that be, you ask? A union man voting for Republicans? Well, try living in NJ, where the Taxes are unbelievably high. The state is run by Dems, most all of them corrupt in one way or another. Social programs oozing out of the woodwork, initiated by Dems, while my property taxes spiral out of control. People around the country think that there's all millionaires here in NJ. There are some, but there are a lot of us somwhere between broke and rich who are fed up with watching our money go out the window. The dem gameplan is "more government working for everyone". Bullshit on that. I'd prefer less government, less taxes, less welfare. This would allow companies to expand and grow, creating more work, even for union labor. As a self made man, you should be able to understand that.
    I did support Bush, but I am not happy about the war in Iraq. I don't like any war, period. I guess I like the republican theory because I absolutely dispise the democratic theory. And let's not kid ourselves about "entitlist assholes". All politicians, after being in office a term or so, become entitlist assholes. You think Ted Kennedy isn't an entitlist? He's certainly an asshole. I guess what it boils down to is: Don't hate the players, hate the game.

Angry Republican'ts

Featured Sponsorr

Dave, You have the right as an American to support whoever you want, but all that these Republican't party pricks want to do is eliminate collective bargaining all together. One thing my dad instilled in me was Democrats support the working man and the Republican'ts are corporate pawns. Just look at their track record regarding anti-labor legislation that they have attempted to enact (sometimes successsfully) over the years, it will make you sick. I participate in the political process like every American should but when less than 50% of our citizens chose not to, something is terribly wrong. I just cannot understand how a working man can support a party that wants to do nothing more than to destroy the very livelihood that he and his family depend on. I am less than thrilled with the majority of all politicians but will never support a Republican't party that has shown nothing but disdain for the working man for the majority of its existance.
    Last edited by wudwoker51; 03-19-2007 at 10:05 PM.