Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pressure Digger

Default Pressure Digger

Featured Sponsor

Do any of you guys screw in anchors with a pressure digger? Back in the old days it was done but i cant find any info on it.

Default Never heard the term

"pressure digger" used. I've screwed em in by hand , used the pole settin truck auger, and put down what we called bust anchors where ya dig a hole throw the anchor in then spread the bottom out with a pipe over the shaft. Also used a rock anchor jack hammer type. But never heard the term pressure digger.

Koga

77liner Guest

Smile Pressure Digger

If we are talking about the Texoma Digger (pressure digger) back in the day we would dig the pole holes while the poles were being framed and then screw the anchors in. It was pretty efficent with a good operator

Default pressure digger or rock hole truck

Quote Originally Posted by 77liner View Post
    If we are talking about the Texoma Digger (pressure digger) back in the day we would dig the pole holes while the poles were being framed and then screw the anchors in. It was pretty efficent with a good operator
    This is my pressure digger i use but the boom is shorter then the picture. I can set a 55 ft pole with it.

http://altec.com/ealtec/SilverStream...MODEL=HD35A-10

but we call it a rock hole truck

Default Thanks

I learned something.

Koga

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by theweber View Post
    This is my pressure digger i use but the boom is shorter then the picture. I can set a 55 ft pole with it.

http://altec.com/ealtec/SilverStream...MODEL=HD35A-10

but we call it a rock hole truck
    We have/had a similar digger called a Hiway digger
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

7. Default Rock Dock

I know elliot in Nashville Tn. has a pressure digger unlike the one listed in the pic they call it the rock dock. It requires the use of a large portable air compressor.

8. Default pressure digger

Ive seen one that uses water to dig dont know if thats what you mean. Big tank with air forcing water into the hole with a vaccum to remove mud.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Bull Dog View Post
    Ive seen one that uses water to dig dont know if thats what you mean. Big tank with air forcing water into the hole with a vaccum to remove mud.
    The process is called "daylighting". The heavy duty truck has a large, strong steel tank and has water on board.
    The tank is used to hold waste water and soil from the hole it's digging.
    This ends up being a slurry and is hauled away to a dump site.
    The wand with the high pressure water from the reservoir on the truck is used to cut the circumference of the hole It's heated and comes out of the wand at very high pressure, it cuts through frost like butter.
    Simultaneously there is a large flex pipe used to vacuum away the loose (muddy) soil.
    It's the best procedure for 'daylighting' URD including fiber optic cables there is. The water pressure won't damage a cable and the cables can be accessed without any physical damage caused.
    In addition there is no mud or damage to lawns beyond the pole hole itself. Once a pole is set all you have to do is back fill and tamp stone dust into the hole and everyone is happy, especially the home owner about his lawn.
    One company that provides this service is Badger Daylighting, there are others.
    The Old Lineman

Featured Sponsorr

yeah we use the large "helix" anchors the bottom section has 3 i guess you would call them flutes on it and its about 4' long and the extension sections are 4' long and you keep putting extensions on it till you get a 1/4 twist out of it. works great on the bottomless pits

we also have used the other kind of screw in's with a 3/4" 8' rod with a single flute on the end. i belive our adapter we have is made by chance. we have a texoma 280? (piece of crap! )

we still use the 20k expansion type anchors 99% of the time thats what they want us to use

i want one of thoose new dry kelly terex's with the joystick control