Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Things I Build

Featured Sponsor

Great work once again CH.

What would you use the box for CH?

Swamp, when is that show? Me and my g/f might make it sometime for something to do.

Chitown... awesome works... as usual from you... I think the wife is prolly gonna be ordering from you site pretty soon... she is in love with the peppermill... she wants 2 one for pepper one for "sea salt" ... ahhhh women... what can ya do...

Edge

Thanks again for the comments. The boxes will have lids eventually and they can be used for jewelry or stuff that collects on my wifes dresser. Everyone likes boxes for their "stuff".
    I try and do a few shows a year and right now I am getting into high gear making stuff for a christmas show. I just started getting into pepper mills and they have been a challenge. It seems every new project requires a few new tools. One of these days the wife will get wise to that.

Default Real coffee beans cast in acrylic

This has been a challenge but they are real coffee beans cast in an acrylic. It is not easy to machine because the beans are soft and the acrylic is hard. Well worth the challenge.
    Let me know if you want one $50.00 plus shipping.
    Attached Images Attached Images          

Default circuit board pen

Here is one that was one tough pen to turn on the lathe.
    The polyester resin is like glass and has a tendency to blow out at the wrong time.
    This is an actual computer board wrapped around a brass tube and encased in polyester which you machine by hand down to the exact size and then hand sand and polish.

Default Acouple more pics

Some better pics.
    Picture taking small objects like this is not my favorite hobby.

very nice. Even if those PCBs were flexible, it must have been a treat trying to make them stay curved round, especially where the ends met.
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

Default Tooth pick holders

Tooth pick holders, $20.00 PLUS SHIPPING.

Default Stamp pens

Here is a first of what I hope will be many.
    I pulled some stamps out of the old collection and did my magic with about 12 coats of super glue over them, then wet sanded and polished.

This week I should have a new prototype pen with pics posted made just for the Lineman. Keep looking it's coming.

Featured Sponsorr

The lathe work is in the application of the super glue and the sanding and polishing. There is a real trick to applying super glue to a spinning object.
    Also super glue is not cheap. But it makes a great finish.