Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Things I Build

Default Lineman pen

Featured Sponsor

Well here is the first. This is done in maple just to show what can be done. I have quite a few different fonts to play with and colors for the fill after the laser engraving. This pen looks good in an acrylic type material which can be seen on my web page. The possibilities are almost endless with what can be laser engraved. Names, slogans, company logos, etc. A pen like this with one laser engraved line done in wood or acrylic is $50.00 plus shipping.
    Color fill is available in Gold, Silver, Copper, Bronze, White, Black, Red and Blue.
    Check out my web page and poke around for different materials used for the pen.
    http://www.anamericanwoodworker.zoomshare.com/0.html
    Attached Images Attached Images    

I am working on the web page Swamp. Thanks for the input.
    Here is two more pens with the original.

All those last items are wonderful CH!

I love the stamps! My favorite.

You do such great work CH. I'm forever impressed by your talent buddy!

Default Pens for a friend

Here are some pens made from dyed maple burl.

Oh! Those are nice CH!!

Just today I gave our principal your wood pens and holder. He is leaving and going to another high school (the same school where the Boss and I graduated--along with our children). He loved it. I told him what was "really" great about it is that a powerlineman made it. You have no idea how proud I was to tell him that CH.

Only a special man (or woman) gets the best in my book. And your work is the best buddy!

Thanks for the kind comments. Now if we could only sell a few million of these pens, then I could think about retirement.

Default Tooth pick holder

Here is a tooth pick holder.
    These are a pretty good seller at the craft shows. This is a piece of oak which was placed in a wood dye and then put under pressure in a 2 1/2 gallon paint pot and left to soak for 24 hours. It was then finished with quite a few coats of super glue.
    Let me know how many you want and me and the boys will get out to the shop and start getting dirty.

I recently bought a pressure pot from a guy on craigslist. I also bought a vacuum pump from harbor freight which is useful in getting all the air out of the wood and the dye into the wood.

It does not take to long to dry in the sun. The chunks of wood are pretty small.

Can you make those pens in blue and orange CH? I love the above pens.

Featured Sponsorr

CH...........
    First time I've looked at this thread............and I got a word few words for ya.........

Awesome work Brother
    Old Lineman Never Die......We Just Don't Raise Our Booms As Often