Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Things I Build

Default The box

Featured Sponsor

Here is more pics of the box
    Attached Images Attached Images      

I love that cutting board too CH! You hack some great stuff buddy!

Man, I wish I had thought of the logo thing for my pens CH. I bet that would look great burned on the wood. Oh well....maybe next time.

They may look like your basic round box with lid but let me assure you when it flies off the lathe and tries to take your head off it looks completly different.

Hey CH, those boxes look great. I just inherited a lathe and set of dull tools. After playing with it a little bit I know I need to work on my sharpening skills. Did you have someone teach you or did you learn on your own?

Sharpening is what i consider a skill all on its own.
    whether it be a knife, chisle, drill bit, lathe tools, or any thing else that cuts material.
    I was taught ay an early age how to sharpen a knife then how to sharpen a drill bit and it keeps growing.
    My favorite tool to use on my lathe is a piece of 1/2 round high speed steel stock about 12 inches long mounted on a handle with a tip ground about the shape of a finger nail that knocks off the corners of square stock.
    high speed steel stays sharp pretty long.
    the next favorite tool looks like a chisle with a flat edge and a slight taper on the other side. Not a long taper like the chisle.
    I make sure the corners are rounded other wise the 90 degree edges tend to catch and send expensive wood flying thru the shop.
    Here are a few pics,dont mind the mess just watch where you are walking.
    Last edited by CHICAGO HAND.; 01-21-2008 at 08:44 AM.

Hey man thanks for the info. I think I've seen the round tool in a Rockler magazine or somewhere. The tools I have included 2 chisels the same size, so I think I'll try rounding the corners off one of them. My turning goals is to be able to turn the legs and stretchers for Windsor chairs.

Default cut it twice and its still to short

One tooth pick holder that needs someone to cut 800 tooth picks one half inch shorter.

Hehehehe......

Was ya cuzzin' CH?

Ya I was not the happiest camper on the block.
    But hey live and learn.

Featured Sponsorr

I don't know, anyone that does the work you are doing must have lots of patience.

And it shows too.