Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Smilies

Default Smilies

Featured Sponsor

I found my old thread on that link. Just thought I'd share it with you all again.

Also, I received a brand new computer this week! YAY!!! I'm the giga bite queen bubbas! LMAO!

Oh, and my brother also fixed me up with some butt kickin' music! All classics of course! Right now I'm listening to Bad Company. I found that appropriate since I'm in some bad company posting here! Heh. Just teasing guys-----well.........sorta!

Here is the smilie thread with the link:

http://www.powerlineman.com/lforum/s...hlight=Smilies

Quote Originally Posted by LostArt View Post
    Also, I received a brand new computer this week! YAY!!! I'm the giga bite queen bubbas! LMAO!
    Hah! lets see how long it takes you to burst that one.
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

Quote Originally Posted by BigClive View Post
    Hah! lets see how long it takes you to burst that one.
    Well, the first one was given to my daughter and I just wanted a new one. The second one's (the last one) hard drive crashed. I completely blew that one up! Hopefully this 3rd one is a charm unless I just find myself wanting a new one. Heh.

Oh, and I have myself a flash drive! I'm so uptown Clive that I'm sure I'll have this one doomed to it's death in about 2 yrs time!

Actually, my brother has walked me through this new one. He has took the extra time and mile(s), to help me learn this one. I have a new 19" monitor that my mother and he went in together to give to the Boss and I for an early birthday gift to us. I don't think I needed one this big, but it's nice!

Okay, you guys can take your bets on me with this one if you like, but I'm not a betting woman........especially with me and computers! LOL!

The funny thing is, after a week of me being without a computer, the Boss goes over to Pretty's house and asks if he can borrow his laptop. He brings it home and says, "Here woman. Now I want my tv remote back."

I get the thing hooked up and I just can't deal with it! The Boss comes back in and helps me learn to operate a laptop! Yeah, no lie. I didn't have a mouse to hook up to it because my brother had it. After about 45 minutes dealing with it, I said, "To hell with using laptops! They are NOT for me!"

The Boss says, "Oh dear, you will get use to it. It took me a while, but I mastered it. Come on don't let it beat you." LOL! That last sentence usually gets me motivated and fired up, but not this time and not on a damn computer!

I also found out that I could live without a computer, but I don't think the Boss could live with me without one.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamprat View Post
    I hope ya got a good anti Virus, like AVG, which is free BTW. Not something like Norton, which is a complete System HOG and slows down your machine somethin awful.

Also, don't forget to downolad Ccleaner, and Adaware....both free programs, AND run them a couple times a week EACH.
    As always this is good advice from the "SwampGeek" I also just got a new puter. I had 'Norton' and it let a trojan virus by and it crashed my puter. One thing though, is that Ccleaner, is a very powerfull program! Be carefull what you clik on!
    National Grid = Retired! US Army vet. 68 - 70
    As of April of 2010 I quit smoking! It's been hard but so far no butts! I am now an X smoker!

Also be very wary of where you download these programs from. If you do a google search for adaware or spybot you will get a load of sites that look like they are the official site for that software, but are actually probably giving a malicious download.

Such a shame that a wonderful resource like the Internet is spoiled by the less worthy members of society.
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

Wink Norton

I hope ya got a good anti Virus, like AVG, which is free BTW. Not something like Norton, which is a complete System HOG and slows down your machine somethin awful.

Also, don't forget to downolad Ccleaner, and Adaware....both free programs, AND run them a couple times a week EACH.
    I've used Norton for years no problem ever. When I had Free AVG my system slowed down to a crawl. Then wouldn't work at all. I had to buy a anti- spyware program to clean up my computer. I've used Norton ever sense and not one virus or spyware yet, has been let in.

Smile Other programs

Things work different for Different people Ben.

A couple of reads for ya.

http://www.helpmerick.com/node/607

http://www.thepcspy.com/read/what_slows_windows_down/3

But hay! If it works for you, that's all that matters.
    Mine ran slow also with my upgrade to Norton 07. It was in conflict with my Yahoo toolbar/anti-spam/anti-spyware/anti-virus and the Microsoft anti-virus that came with the PC. I got rid of the yahoo tool bar and turned off microsoft and all is well. I use Google tool bar. I by no means are a computer expert but it works for me.

I will go with sacking Norton Loodvig is on the money I had exactly the same problem with Norton. We got rid of it and ran AVG free edition and i was frightening the numbers of threats and viruses it actually found. One thing it doesn't like is my mates' programme that lets him remotley run my PC when its having a bad day the IT expert gets called and within 5 mins its done not a bad way to do things...
    From the pole to the hole and both sides of the meter....

I have a 60 day Norton Security. So, where is the link to this AVG thingy? Also, I have Windows Vista. Something else new that I'm still learning to navigate around. I do have Windows Defender thingy.

Anyway, I'm still learning on this thing and I'm trying to be more aware and careful.

Thumbs up Link for free security programs

Featured Sponsorr

Here is one of my favorite places to lurk around in pick up some good info and a place to visit if one of the many web nasties invades your machine it is http://www.dslreports.com/forum/security they have links to many free programs to keep your puter safe secure and clean.