Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Rubber Gloves

Default Isn't is his or her?

Featured Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Orgnizdlbr View Post
    Thrasher, you are 100% correct. OSHA regs. are the law of the land in the workplace. If the employer fails to comply with the regs. they become subject to sanctions by OSHA including heavy fines.

But OSHA regs. are the basemant floor, generally unionized properties bargain for better and safer methods over and above what OSHA requires.
    Come on man, this is 2008, not 1908.

But well stated.

Blog Entries

I'm not sure I get your point......

If you are saying that employers hardly ever get fined, you are probably right. OSHA has become a paper tiger under the current administration, with limited powers.....seems they only step in if there is a fatality.

I have had dealings with OSHA field reps when the employer was not in compliance with the regs. The employer was fined and required to change policy. It doesnt happen often though........
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

Default Just lookin out for the ladies....

Quote Originally Posted by johnbellamy View Post
    Come on man, this is 2008, not 1908.

But well stated.
    His or her, thats all, sorry lost art, some of these guys aren't too PC.

Thanks for the info guys. It's nice to hear we aren't the only ones mourning the loss of White. I even tried calling them, but their phone number kicks you to Salisbury. As for another manufacturer, we have been told that salisbury is the only game in town. Supposedly there is a company looking to make blankets out in Buffalo N.Y. At some point they may start making gloves, but that is in the future. Our purchasing guy said that the people involved are ex-white employees so cross your fingers.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by johnbellamy View Post
    His or her, thats all, sorry lost art, some of these guys aren't too PC.

Hmmm, LMAO....thats cut and pasted directly from OSHA'a site.......

Guess they aint into the PC thing yet......
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

Besides the whole PC thing has been thrashed out on this forum numerous times, and the female lineworkers prefer to be referred to as linemen.

I think it's a ruff-tuff-lady thing.
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

we have secondary gloves here, how can you mistake primarys for secondarys?? ive never even had a thought of hmm which gloves did i grab. were gettin salsiburys here now wheres the puke smile? im glad i have 3 pairs of whites in the rotation, im just gonna make sure and take good care of them!! we glove up to 14.4/25.6 here we dont have any 35kv here yet...give them a few more years i guess!!

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by PA BEN View Post
    We the lineman did it to our selves. Because of lineman who have there head up there ass and break a safety law, kill someone or them selves, the Government (OSHA) feels that they have to step in and stop the killing.
    I agree but the failure is that we have let our training go. so, skill levels our dropping. Apprenticeships are getting shorter. we are more bucket trash than wood walkers and the thing that bothers me most is that i see good linemen using less and less blankets and line hose to cover it up. but i do not think that gloving ground to ground will save lives. I also think that rubber sleeves make you sloppy. cover what you ain't workin on and are in reach of and you will be all right. I think swampy is right that insurance is in on it that way they can say you are a safety violater wheen you inevitablly come out of your gloves to get a staple out of your ditty bag...

I agree with Swamp about ins. comps. but only that they drive COMPANY POLICY.

Featured Sponsorr

when we stick 35 on distribution. It's killing me holding onto sticks wearing these new crap gloves.[/QUOTE]

They make you hot stick with your gloves?