Default what are yall using to put a gain in the pole?

Featured Sponsor

? ive never had to do this, i have some at home i need to do for some projects are yall just usin a big chisel or the chainsaw?

Quote Originally Posted by JAKE View Post
    ? ive never had to do this, i have some at home i need to do for some projects are yall just usin a big chisel or the chainsaw?
    Just take a crosscut saw and make 2 cuts the width of what you need, chisel it or use a claw hammer to remove between the cuts....

Default crosscut

cross cut then use knife and hammer to remove between cuts hammering the back of the knife
    engineers aren,t god,s

A draw knife works well but for non-watch building put togethers, a chainsaw will plain a pretty flat gain. just dont let it get away.

Gain plates work really well if you don't have a pre-cut gain.

Default Gains

gains are overrated. Use a plastic gain or nothing at all. What a waste of time.

actually im building a bunch of fence at home with old poles, just needed a flat spot for the bracing, i got tired of cross cutting and knockin it out with the hammer and destructo bar so i just started sutting them with the chainsaw, gotta love that ole carbide tipped chain

We just use a chainsaw or a bow saw to cross cut the pole then a hammer and chisel to level it off.
    From the pole to the hole and both sides of the meter....

9. Default Gaining a pole

Quote Originally Posted by JAKE View Post
    We use a draw knife, it has a long chisle blade about 18"s long with two handles on it. Just drill your holes then draw it down along the pole.

Default I'll Agree With Jersey...

Featured Sponsorr

Gains are overrated. As for building the fence...Good luck.