Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Default Call me a pussy?

Featured Sponsor

I am 45 years old and still climbing after 8 years of working for a municipality that would not let me climb, I figure $400.00 is a cheap investment that will pay for itself on one fall.

I bought a bucksqueeze fall arrest lanyard.

http://www.tallmanequipment.com/cont...ole_Straps.pdf

I have been playing with it all weekend on the local 36 foot poles around my house and am impressed with its stopping power.

I know I am going to hear it tomorrow from the younger crew when I climb that 100 footer but I really dont care.

I have a wife and 2 adorable children to go home to, Dad is useless if he is all busted up.

Does anyone else here use the bucksqeeze, Aside from hitchhiking all the way up I cant find any serious problems.

Us old rockclimbers where always tied in.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by RadonHuffer View Post
    I am 45 years old and still climbing after 8 years of working for a municipality that would not let me climb, I figure $400.00 is a cheap investment that will pay for itself on one fall.

I bought a bucksqueeze fall arrest lanyard.

http://www.tallmanequipment.com/cont...ole_Straps.pdf

I have been playing with it all weekend on the local 36 foot poles around my house and am impressed with its stopping power.

I know I am going to hear it tomorrow from the younger crew when I climb that 100 footer but I really dont care.

I have a wife and 2 adorable children to go home to, Dad is useless if he is all busted up.

Does anyone else here use the bucksqeeze, Aside from hitchhiking all the way up I cant find any serious problems.

Us old rockclimbers where always tied in.
    Along with age comes wisdom, or at least it's supposed to. It baffles me why anyone would be so vain as to worry more about what others think than about how they should protect themselves.
    Your right on the money and you don't need to see or experience an accident to say I told you so.
    Well done. Congratulations on being a god (healthy ) dad.
    The Old Lineman

i dont blame ya im the same way, if im gonna get busted up i aint gonna do it at work! shit happens climbin this takes care of most of that. our super is a gimp from cuttin out and slidin down from only about 10ft up, he got lucky he only broke both ankles but there still to proud or whatever to get theese for us i bought mine myself, we dont climb very often anymore so i think for us there even more important since it seems like i only get to climb in the worst conditions on the worst poles
    "she can't satisfy her husband how can she satisfy america?"

Default not at all

hey bud I've been free climbing' since I was a kid kept stealing my daddy's hooks out the tool box of his pick up till he finally bought me a set of my own....

the utility I work at is going to the mofugger 100% Jan of '09... ALL Apes went to it this Jan....

My apes been bitching about it but he ain't climbed enuff to bitch about shit if you ask me... however... his bitching has caused me to try his rig out a few times and let me tell ya IT WORKS... I've used the ****squzzee about 10-20 times now and am able to do some pretty sick stuff in it now.... and have even turned in my old single latch (sniff sniff) safety so I can get one of these rigs for my own... (gotta stay ahead of the game)

bud EVERY LINEMAN in the USA could call you a pussy today...

but in the next 10 years... it won't matter... they'll all be eating it too

{best Forest Gump voice} momma always said ya are what ya eat rofl

for what it's worth

Edge

Burn Baby Burn
    Three Phase Inferno!!!

Default Thank all!

I am happy with this new Item. I have always climbed a bit unconventional because of my rockclimbing background.

My super kinda thought it was weird at first but now he knows I Get-Er-Done.

Some of the younger cowboys gave it a weird look but said nothing.

Thanks for the positive input.

I`m surprised how many of you guys in the US still freeclimb - its a sacking offence over here, everyone climbs belted in. I was taught to climb that way and always will for as long as I last as a Linesman...

7. Default Buck Squeeze

I free climb its just like going up stairs after a while. YOU can tell the guys that have fallen. They Hitch hike up the pole cause there extra cautious. I even seen one guy that used two belts. Not criticizing these guys but soon well all be doing it when OSHA gets in charge. I know what its like to fall not fun. Please don't call those who free climb unsafe. It should be up to the line man to chose. This is America after all.

Default Canada.

The true North. Strong and free, but not "free climbing" Oh I'm a big mean Canuck but I might fall and hurt my widdle self. Me use Buck Squeeze.

Quote Originally Posted by wtdoor67 View Post
    The true North. Strong and free, but not "free climbing" Oh I'm a big mean Canuck but I might fall and hurt my widdle self. Me use Buck Squeeze.
    thats is HILAROIUS door haha
    Hemingray Insulators
    work smart, go home every night

dwalla-walla Guest

Default We are getting the Buck Squeeze

Featured Sponsorr

I work for Ga Power. We are getting the Buck Squeeze this fall or so. Plan is to have everyone trained on it before the Thanksgiving holiday. About 1000 or so climbers company wide. After we are qualified then no more free climbing at all. One thing we are trying to do is get an exemption if you have to do a hurt man rescue. Then it will be up to the person. Apps. will still have to learn to free climb in school but will use the Buck Squeeze for normal work all the time. We are also trying the get the retractable lanyard that you use to go around stuff approved to use as a safety after you cross the first obstruction. Right now the plan is if you are two feet or less from a phone cable or something that will catch you you can use the lanyard. Any further than two feet then you have to reconnect the B. Suqeeze. Our transmission guys have not approved anything yet. Their concern is how do you screen poles with fall protection like the B. squeeze in place? My question is how do you put UD shielding on with the Squeeze in the way? Also, how will this affect the rodeo guys? Will they be using it during events? If OSHA says you have to use it does it pertain to the rodeo as well?