Lightbulb My son's memorial schollarship fund

Featured Sponsor

Hello,
    Fellow lineman, I have a quest for you to help me fill. I have been a lineman for 27 years and my son was in the same trade except he was an apprentice. He was also a very active Union member. He has alway backed his journeyman pole buddies til the fight was over!
    Anyway, unfortunatlly my son was killed in an automobile accident and he has always told me that when he tops out, he wanted to start some kind of funding system for other apprentices trying to make it. Ones that could not afford the books or tools.
    So, with that in mind, I have created a memorial in his name. The only questions I have is, I want to alway keep this memorial open for any union apprentice. And want it eventually paid back, so the next sqeeck can get on board. Can you or do you know of any other memorials that have been in play? And what kind of rules does it have for these other apprentices have to use it?

Thanks
    Marty

Itz my understanding that when a construction apprentice breaks out and stays inna trade for 1 year that he gets all his money reimbursed ( for books) by the local. Round here many of em get the swell head and wind up wif nobody wantin to werk em or werk wif em. I bleve what yer askin fer is more of an endowment, n i dunno how replentishing that would werk but if ya find a way thru a recognized local Lemme kno I'm good fera few bux.

3. Default

Featured Sponsorr

This might help you, might not . . .
    http://www.ehow.com/how_2075661_set-...fund-name.html

Are you saying that after a guy tops out you would want him to pay the funds back into the scholarship? Meaning you would be sorta loaning him the money, not really giving it to the cause (in this case title of journeyed lineman)?

Now here in our area (PA) the books etc are paid for, all my son had to pay was an application fee 25.00 and then of course his union dues all along. Climbing equiptment was his to buy too.
    But I guess it is different if you are going to school vs he was on the job, had the books to do on his own time and classes on Saturday's, and not every Saturday.

Sorry to read of the loss of your son, that is a tough one.