Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
  1. Default bucksqueeze failure

Featured Sponsor

just want to get the word out. I work for a company in the midwest that is introducing us to the bucksqueeze. We have a small amount of employees that have been using the belt for about three months. We had two belts fail.The first one was the carabiner. the second was a weld, on a belt that was out of the box new (used for about one hour). Fortunately no one was hurt. So if you have to use one inspect it very well before each use to avoid hitting the ground. You might want to keep the old pole strap around the pole as well . Haven't heard of to many of them failing!

Default Glad to hear nobody was injured.......

Quote Originally Posted by wildBill View Post
    just want to get the word out. I work for a company in the midwest that is introducing us to the bucksqueeze. We have a small amount of employees that have been using the belt for about three months. We had two belts fail.The first one was the carabiner. the second was a weld, on a belt that was out of the box new (used for about one hour). Fortunately no one was hurt. So if you have to use one inspect it very well before each use to avoid hitting the ground. You might want to keep the old pole strap around the pole as well . Haven't heard of to many of them failing!
    And before anybody starts any shit, the answer is no, I haven't quit my job and gone to work for Bucksqueeze as a quality control inspector.

Thank you for this info man ... as far as I'm concerned the whole fu(kin thing is a failure...
    It' lulls apes into a false sense of security and forces us guys that have been doing this forever into potty training mode....
    I'd like to see how many "failures" that there actually are out there...(but don't want to hear about guys getting hurt GD catch 22 I reckon) if I can get enuff maybe I can tell my company to let me go back to my BASHLIN pole strap...

Edge

Safe or Die

I have heard of two failures at my company to! Both hit the ground one in climbing school that was equipment failure sure enough! The other deemed "operator error"

edge is right im an ape and it makes me feel really good knowing im probably not going fall, but at national grid i don't have a choice of using the bucksqueeze or not. i'd rather have the choice because i'm sure i could use a strap just as well and probably get the job done faster.

Default Buckingham Statement

At Buckingham Manufacturing, we take customer complaints seriously. When we were made aware of an alleged Bucksqueeze failure, naturally we became very concerned.

We received the belt in question and have performed seven drop tests and a live cutout simulation. The tests included the belt both in and out of adjustment and using various lengths of green webbing simulating different distances away from the pole. The maximum distance the Bucksqueeze slipped on the pole in any of these tests was 3". In summary, it passed even the most severe tests easily.

In addition, we performed bend tests on two carabineer connector assemblies that were returned to us for suspected cracks in the welds. The results of these tests were also satisfactory. The design of this assembly is such that even in the event the weld fails, the carabineer and connector could not separate keeping the user safely on the pole.

Although it is impossible to determine the exact cause of the fall without having witnessed it, it is our determination that it was not the result of a broken weld on the carabineer connector assembly. The Bucksqueeze, when properly used provides a much higher degree of safety over free climbing or hitch hiking. This is proven by all the tests performed as well as the many recorded saves.

In conclusion, Buckingham is committed to manufacturing the safest most reliable products for individuals working at heights. Feel free to contact us at 800 937 2825 should you have any questions regarding the Bucksqueeze or any of our other products.

Follow the link below to view drop test and cutout simulation videos of the actual unit returned to us. To request a complete test report and DVD’s illustrating all tests performed, contact our customer service department.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N67Q3KuO55Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjVgCoeZrG0

First of all thanks for haveing the balls to come here and speak directly to us... I'll give credit for that but...

"In conclusion, Buckingham is committed to manufacturing the safest most reliable products for individuals working at heights. Feel free to contact us at 800 937 2825 should you have any questions regarding the Bucksqueeze or any of our other products."

and before I go on a GD tirade thanks for looking out for the safety of the men that have used your product since what the 1890's? thats a testament in and of it's self...

most of us are not upset with your company or your product and EVERYONE of us want to do our job as safely as possible... our problem lies primarily with the company's and contractors that are requiring us to use this damned thing with little or no training outside of the fuggin video that comes in the box... and to top it of it seems like companys want to cut corners on proper training and technique with apprentices and just strap their ass into one of your rigs and call them SAFE and tell them to get er done...

sorry guys I don't care if this friggin thing is the best thing since the bucket truck...

their aint a damned thing me and my BASHLINS can't get to...

and get to SAFELY...

because I was properly trained to not only climb but to know my limits...
    and yes I WILL and DO push my limits every one of us does...

stopping now 'fore I get to crazy

Edge

getting higher... in Bashlin
    Last edited by Edge; 02-03-2009 at 08:06 PM.

Default Bucksqueeze use suspended as of today.

Name:  buck.jpg
Views: 3242
Size:  85.4 KB

Name:  buck2.jpg
Views: 3256
Size:  57.0 KB

As of today, Alliant Energy suspended use of the bucksqueeze. I don't know how clear the pictures are, but the carabiner did break.

Default Well I hate to admit it.........

But I guess I was wrong, after watching the two video's, I see that this magnificant device is a must for all lineman.

I guess I should have done my homework before passing judgement.

To all the guy's I called a pussy, I'm sorry, my bad.

To "the old lineman", I was wrong to question your knowledge and wisdom. I'm sorry, my bad.

To actually see what a simple device it is, and how easy it looks to use, well what can I say, I'm sorry, my bad, the only regret is that I wish it was around 16 years ago, so myself unlike the fortunate young men and women today, would have had the oppertunity to be trained the correct way to ascend, and decend a pole or tower correctly.

All I can say to Buckingham company is thanks guys.

Thanks for Fu$kin up a good thing.
    Last edited by johnbellamy; 02-04-2009 at 01:23 AM.

10. Default Something to think about

Featured Sponsorr

So Buckingham equipment had a failure. It was a carabiner, I'm lead to believe.
    Buckingham like all manufacturers buy components from other suppliers. Carabiners would be one of those products and they could never use a carabiner that didn't meet ALL current legislated requirements.
    If a component should fail it needs to be examined carefully to see whether their equipment was compatible or whether their equipment caused the problem.
    Otherwise it's the manufacturer of the components problem.
    Take the Ford exploder for example.
    It was the tires, not the vehicle itself that was the problem. Ford did some minor adjustments and stopped using those tires and the problem went away.
    Buckingham will have to do their due diligence and find a solution.
    It's there, all they have to do is find it.
    The Old Lineman