Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Do ya build powerlines or braid hair?

Featured Sponsor

Greetings linemen and line women. Im probably the newest person on this site so im gonna ask some questions and tell you a little bit about me. I work outta Local 84 as an A tramp and I have worked on both sides of the field: Union and Non-Union. I am very proud to be a part of my local and they have been very good to me. Also, I am prould of the work I have done as a non-union worker. I have been standing by on the sidelines reading some of this UNION / NON UNION crap and maybe this is the way people should try to look at things. Now whatever side of the field you live on we ALL have a job to do and are aware of the eminent hazards entailed with our trade. Instead of gang banging one another about who is better trained and why we are so much smarter than the other guy, lets pipe down and see if we cant learn something new from someone. I know I know.....what the hell is this guy talking about? K here goes.....take swamprat for instance. Here is a man that has been in this trade for a long time from the sound of things. I can almost promise you that if you were to work with this man in the physical, there would be much to learn. Bet if you worked with centerpoint or PA ben you would get the same thing. I have always taken great pride in SHUTTING THE HELL UP while I am on the job. The only time I speak up is when I am asked a question or if I see something wrong. Other than that, bout all you get is me humming or grunting one. Hehe You know what this did for me? I have learned so much in the last ten years! When I stopped talking and learned to watch and listen was the day I started puttin the pieces together. Everywhere I go to work now I am looked at as a great lineman. You know why cuz I do my job, I dont bitch, I dont disrespect people, and I try to learn something new everyday. Try this one out for a little while men and see where it gets you. Cuz at the end of the day UNION of NON UNION you are still a red blooded human being that is either gonna evolve or die. You make the choice. Its your future.
    Last edited by LOCAL84; 03-29-2009 at 04:27 PM. Reason: grammar

I understand and agree with some of what you are saying but what's the bullshit about braiding hair? Also why do you have a avatar of a man standing on his bucket? Is that a common practice?
    Last edited by loodvig; 03-29-2009 at 09:27 AM.
    National Grid = Retired! US Army vet. 68 - 70
    As of April of 2010 I quit smoking! It's been hard but so far no butts! I am now an X smoker!

Oh boy....here we go. Wonder if the braiding of hair was meant for me.......

Default Corn rows

And her I am almost ready to get corn rows ... should I get them in my beard too? LA did I send you the proclamation from the Commisioner in Kapoeta? If I did that should at least bring a good laugh.

Local 84 ... ummm sometimes the sidelines are better than the game.

I'm with ya and on target but there are folks here that will hold a grudge because you farted in the bucket 10 years ago. Me I wait until it's real cold and everyone is cabbed up then I rip and SBD and look at the guy beside me in a real mean manner. Ussually just before I am ready to get back out and do some work.

Of course ther are few cab up moments here. And most of the time the local are riper than I am.

RWD

LOL @RWD Corn rows got me. 'Course Local84 might not know where you are! Too funny.

No, I didn't get that on the proclamation would you send it please?

Some friends at a local FX company decided to braid my beard to see how it looked. Personally I wasn't really taken by the result.....

Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

Oh man Clive. You kill me sometimes.

Hey Lvig the braiding hair was from an old highliner I used to work with....anytime anyone complained about something alot he would ask them if they wanna build powerlines or braid hair. Always tickled me......and the avatar is my good buddy in miami.....he doesnt have the sense god blessed a cocroach....sad part is he is a jam up lineman. Wasnt bashing you LA .....I just got inspired by your this rat business thread....it never has ceased to amaze me how far some people will run with a feeling. Its real easy to answer the question.....Do what you gotta do for yourself and your family and if someone else has a problem with it then lend them your ear....if you dont like what they have to say.....then cut it hot baby!

Oh Loodvig I also forgot to tell you that in miami its almost all cuban lineman. Standing on the bucket is an everyday practice for them...they are to damned short to stand in a bucket and do the work so one stands on the lip and the other one steers.

Featured Sponsorr

Oh boy. We are gonna have fun now.

I'm surprised anyone was reading about my rat thread 84.....especially in BS. I'm glad you popped in though.

So, are you another lurker gone active? Swamp hates it when I say lurker. Maybe I should say guest...guests.