Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: WTF Pike Elec??

1. Default WTF Pike Elec??

Featured Sponsor

Any one here work with PIKE Electric in FL?? How do you feel about the way they are laying all the Lineman and Foreman off because of "no work" But at the same time they bring there friends and family from GA down here to replace them? Isnt it obvious that they are looking out for there own from Alma,GA? I mean come on people. The 3 supers in FL are from Alma. And most of the GFs and safty guys are as well. I have seen them lay good people off because of no work and the following week, bring crews in from Alma. They are making foreman out of people thats been in the trade for only 3-4 years. And putting guys in the bucket that cant even run a line truck yet. Anyone else out there seeing the same thing i am? Pike is on a downward spiral in FL and will crash and burn if they dont change.

where the work is, trying to stay in western us

i am in shock, a rat contractor doing ratty things.
    get over it. call the local in your area and protect yourself from this sort of thing to you and your family.

3. Default

way ahead of ya. working on something now. just cant let pike know. the sorry sons of bitches would fire me. ive had it with this company!!

Hey Swamp I hope you are not suprised by Pike! That is the biggest joke of a company I have ever worked for. I know you remember the Red Simpson deal and when Pike took that and ran with it they were doing the same thing with promotions. They had boys in south florida dropping off lines like flies because half of em werent even close to ready. As far as the Alma thing look at what you are dealing with. You got Kevin Boatwright who has zero line experience and he is supposed to be the man running things!? He was married in the family in case you didnt know! Its a shame some of the people they have let go like Bob Vaughn and Curtis and the treasure coast posse because that was some of the ONLY experience they had! Hey you know what makes things even worse? Is that is what they kept when FP&L decided they were gonna kick the contractors off the property. AUS, Pike, Utility Line Construction and Mastec have a lil bit of work that FP&L's maintenance boys dont wanna do but they have cut their forces down to a quarter of what they were. As far as the union goes they ran ALL of US off first thing! I know you have worked FP&L and you have seen the union pride that they boast and I think that is a great thing, but what about their brothers getting swallowed by these shit companies? You gotta love south florida baby....I have never seen so much BS in my life.....it starts in palatka and runs to miami.....its called FP&L. Sorry I got so of course with this one but I am disgusted by the whole deal. Pike has put some really good men in the grave and crapped on the men who have sacrificed for them.

Red Simpson? You mean dead Simpsom.

How strange that a non-union company would not treat employees fairly.

Like I've said many times:

Pike would not set one pole without a contract....
    WHY SHOULD YOU?

www.ibew.org
    www.employeefreechoiceact.org

Live better.
    Work union.

'Pike is on a downward spiral in FL and will crash and burn if they dont change." does any one really care..

The best move I ever made was going and testing out and putting in my hours! It is indeed a tragedy that things like this go on everyday. It also sucks that I have to be gone as much as I do because there is no union work in Florida and its not looking like it will come around anytime soon. This said, atleast every time I hit the road for a cause.....my family and my brotherhood. Sure does feel good to roll with the people who brought you the weekend....THE UNION!

Unfortunately many of the "rats" that are being displaced by PIke wont learn a damn thing from all of this. They will simply find another Rat outfit that'll pay em every week. They need to understand that no matter what outfit you work for ( union or non) the EMPLOYER considers you and he Square with the world when he hands you that paycheck. Unions all know this and make sure there is some security other than a paycheck for workers. The rats can promise you the moon but never hafta deliver..

Are you upset about something?

Default not suprised

Featured Sponsorr

pike is doing this crap in other areas also!! like tn!