Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Swamp Bashin'

Default Swamp Bashin'

Featured Sponsor

Ok, Swamp! Here's the start of another thread devoted entirely to you! Boy, you sure like the attention! Everybody on here must really like you, since there's always so many suggestions and advice being given to you!
    Living my life and loving it!!!

Question: How can you tell a Swamp trained "apprentice?"

Answer: It's the one with 5 pieces of #6 on his belt for washers and nuts.

Answer: It's the one with the recent sunburn from that last flash he had.

Answer: It's the one yonder gloving that 72 off the wood.

Answer: It's the one with that fresh grove burned in the brim of his hard hat.

I will grant you this Swampus. You a good devil's advocate and this board would be somewhat duller without you. Can you get some of your Pike buddies to start contributing also?

Quote Originally Posted by wtdoor67 View Post
    Question: How can you tell a Swamp trained "apprentice?"

Answer: It's the one with 5 pieces of #6 on his belt for washers and nuts.

Answer: It's the one with the recent sunburn from that last flash he had.

Answer: It's the one yonder gloving that 72 off the wood.

Answer: It's the one with that fresh grove burned in the brim of his hard hat.
    I've got the 3rd one down good! I've been doing that since I was a 4th step, and continue to do it to this day! And yes, I really do enjoy gloving 34.5KV - but only from a bucket!

Tell you what....i'm not even getting in this one......but I will tell you this.....I have worked with a bunch of linemen who play both sides of the field and i learned an old saying......" that man is so slick he can fart through silk and not leave a stain!".......I think that is what scares most of "yuns"....not you! Its a southern thang. Thats right! I'm a union brother takin up for swamp! Cuz I started out non-union and I cut my teeth on FPL's grid and anyone who can make it with no lost time injuries on this grid is someone i respect! .....bash it all you want.....it's the place that weeds the men from the boys! Versus callin yourself a lineman and comin from some little town where you may have 400 amps on a peak day....yet you still think you are better through a "book" apprenticeship! So....kiss our FLORIDA ASSES! We are the REAL hurricane heroes!!!!!!! In the words or Forest Gump....thats all I have to say about that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LOCAL84 View Post
    In the words or Forest Gump....thats all I have to say about that!!!
    WELL THANK GOD FOR THAT . . . . . . . . . .considering you have been on this board for two weeks and have absolutely no clue what you are talking about!!!!!!!

Spoutin off about shit you got no clue about . . . . . . . . . .figures you would take up for swampshit!!!!

I swear this shit is better than reading the funny papers!!!

Well now I am just damned concerned about this one.....I posted my little "stir the pot" reply last night and went to bed excited to wake up and read how bad I was gonna get my nuts bashed and this is all the heat you guys had!? WTF?? Guess I will check it again tomorrow morning

Well now I am just damned concerned about this one.....I posted my little "stir the pot" reply last night and went to bed excited to wake up and read how bad I was gonna get my nuts bashed and this is all the heat you guys had!? WTF?? Guess I will check it again tomorrow morning

That just shows how new you are here....

scabrat doesn't need our input to look the fool.

Ask him about floating the high side neutral on a wye/wye closed bank.
    Ask him about polarity.
    Ask him about impedance.
    Ask him about slave labor in the hot sands.
    Ask him what local he supposedly belonged to "back in '74" (he won't say, because he knows we'll check).
    Ask him just about anything.

I guess you'll just need to start your own thread. This one is "Swamp Bashin", not "LOCAL84 Bashin"...

Run 84. RUUUUUN AAAAAYYYYYYTEEEEEEEEFFFFOOOOOOOORRRRRRR! Don't get caught in the vortex. Look away, before its too late.

Featured Sponsorr

I'm runnin babe....I swear! I am just a glutton for gettin my balls bashed i guess....been outta work for a month and I miss it!