Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The totem pole

1. Default The totem pole

Featured Sponsor

I just got into FE's assoc. program and was wondering how the order goes as far as lineman are concerned. I know there are 1st 2nd and 3rd class lineman but what does it all mean. Also what would I be considered as when I finish the 2 years of training, and what can I expect to make after a couple years on the job.Thanks in advance for your help (I know you all hate FE you don't have to tell me but it's a free scholarship )
    Last edited by Gaffinator; 08-01-2009 at 05:50 PM.

is this as an apprentice lineman??

3. Default

Yeah I finished climbing qualifying school and all the other hoops and hurdles and will start as an apprentice/student in a few weeks

Default Just the beginning......

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffinator View Post
    Yeah I finished climbing qualifying school and all the other hoops and hurdles and will start as an apprentice/student in a few weeks
    If you think the next stop is J-man and money you're in for a surprise my friend. They have steps for a reason, take it one at a time. The "hoops and hurdles" have just begun!
    If I wanted to go to work, I would of answered the phone!

5. Default

Ya think, I thought it was fly by night operation you know with the two years of college and another 3 as groundman thats like tomorrow huhThat's really not answer thanks anyway though
    Last edited by Gaffinator; 08-02-2009 at 12:48 AM.

6. Default

Hopefully you can reign in the attitude and make it through an apprenticeship.

Believe it or not the man was giving some sound advice that you should thank him for..

Brad

Default lwearn what comes first

yeah there are steps. my company hired a bunch 6 years ago told them they were app. lineman and they diddn't have a clue about nothin. and said when do i do hot work. they couldn't even frame a pole. so learn ground work first and then the rest will come.

8. Post

If you wanna take the time to tell me that there are steps but won't tell me what they are why are you posting a reply. As you can see in my first post I politely asked what the steps are. This is not a job site, it's a forum for people to ask questions and get help. Not get blasted by some old codger that thinks he is to good to give me a answer. Who would want to sit around and read about your backwards ass political beliefs and whining about your union. Looks like one big pissing contest if you ask me. That's fine fu(k your useless forum I will go somewhere else .

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffinator View Post
    If you wanna take the time to tell me that there are steps but won't tell me what they are why are you posting a reply. As you can see in my first post I politely asked what the steps are. This is not a job site, it's a forum for people to ask questions and get help. Not get blasted by some old codger that thinks he is to good to give me a answer. Who would want to sit around and read about your backwards ass political beliefs and whining about your union. Looks like one big pissing contest if you ask me. That's fine fu(k your useless forum I will go somewhere else .
    Yep, ya gonna have an "easy" apprenticeship. :rolleyes I see many climbs to the neutral and back "just cuz"

10. Default

Featured Sponsorr

If you cant take this your in real trouble they are not going to give a answer on the job either and most certainly not going to put up with you. Once they write you off , then what they are the ones who are supposed to teach you they can make your life hell or gravey choice is yours. if you want to know the steps for your company are (companys are all different ) call your union. First energey is a crap company so expect the worst when the guys hate where they work they arent as willing to help the company and train people just for the company they will train guys becuase they want to see an app do well . Hope your additude changes!
    Last edited by grunt; 08-02-2009 at 06:30 PM.