Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Lets Introduce Ourselves

Let’s have a thread to introduce our selves seasoned to new members….so the newbie can get to know the seasoned members and so the newbie can be welcomed.. I'll start

I am a construction Journeyman Lineman living in Hartford South Dakota, my home local is #55 located in Des Moines Iowa. I did my apprenticeship from 1972- 1976 , topping out in June. Still working in my tools!

Talking Let me introduce myself!

Great idea Drifter!

I am NOT a powerlineman, journeyman, or even in the field! I'm also NOT a teacher. I live in FloridUH with the Boss, who is my husband and happens to be a powerlineman.

I'm also a GATOR FAN.

GO GATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by LostArt; 08-29-2009 at 01:43 PM.

Ummm I am a Journeyman Lineman retired from a utility and now doin work as a contractor ( construction). I have worked UNION all of my life with the exception of 6 months way back in 1975. That six months taught me that Non union work was not for me. I spoze I am on my way out as I am now kinda long in the tooth, But I am gonna do linework until its no longer satisfying or My body hollers uncle. I kinda maybe promote the union cause on here.

Default Still an APE.

I am a proud member of local 84 (GA) 4th step apprentice. I have worked with some great Lineman, and hope to one day be one.

5. Default

I am a IBEW journeyman lineman, 17 years in the trade, alway's worked union, utility and construction, I am here, just cause, talk to me if ya want to, or ignore my post's, no hard feeling's, don't bash my union, it has done more for the trade than you can understand. I have enjoyed coversing with people here so far, alot of positive energy here. Honch.
    So easy, a Caveman could do it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO2nqcN3EGg

IBEW NJATC trained started the trade at age 16 been doing this shit for awhile... I spent most of my life as a construction JL... spent the last 8-10 years as a power company puke... I've done a little bit of everything and burnt up more than my fair share of shit.... I've lived and loved this trade all my life.... my middle son makes 5 gens in this trade he's a JL that won't listen to his pop...guess I was the same way with mine....

hope you young cats get something form this thread I like it...

For what it's worth

Edge

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianLineman View Post
    I’m Canadian, a Jm Lineman (contractor and utility) and a patriot.

My sole purpose here is to put forward what many Canadians think and to possibly get a few of you in the US of A to know a little more about your neighbour to the north, your largest trading partner and your most important ally. After all, we do share a border, the longest common boundary in the world and it is unmilitarized (so far) of 8,891kM (5,525 mi), including 2,475kM (1,538 mi) along the Canada/Alaska border.

I spend much time refuting myths and misconceptions held many by Americans and exposing downright lies presented by some.

Smith
    At this point I stand corrected in thinking I could have meaningful converstation with CL. As stated his sole purpose is to beat everyone with his thoughts and ideals.
    This country is being destroyed by those who could not have created it. In order to return the days of this country being the proverbial shining city on the hill for all of the world to see, we must first return to the ways that enabled the light to first shine.

Hey, I'm from the southwest of england. more of a wannabe than a linesman, been driving diggers since I left school college and two years on have been given the oppertunity to run Excavators with pole erector gear on for a contractor. Father has been a linesman since he left school and i'm quite proud to be going on and working alongside him.

Looking forward to the oppertunitys and challenges it brings, I'm getting a set of cockspurs and learning that side aswell. Hopefully can glean some knolage off you lads.

Quote Originally Posted by Collie View Post
    Hey, I'm from the southwest of england. more of a wannabe than a linesman, been driving diggers since I left school college and two years on have been given the oppertunity to run Excavators with pole erector gear on for a contractor. Father has been a linesman since he left school and i'm quite proud to be going on and working alongside him.

Looking forward to the oppertunitys and challenges it brings, I'm getting a set of cockspurs and learning that side aswell. Hopefully can glean some knolage off you lads.
    Cockspurs?? Never heard that term! Another addition to the the lineman's slang dictionary.

Really, woulda thought that was the main term for you lads. seems that's all you use for climbing. There the spikes that you fit to the bottom of your leg. Or in otherwords another thing for me to make a arse of myself with....