Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default How many linemen dabble as a narrowback?

Featured Sponsor

So, how many of you actually do both? Have any of you started as a narrowback to become a lineman?

2. Default

fu(k a narrow back

Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    fu(k a narrow back
    Until you need your house wired.

I have rewired my own house. When I bought it it had a 120v 30 amp service. Around here you need to have a license to do it. My buddy pulled the permits and I did the work. If there is a problem and your home owners insurance finds out a un-licensed person did the work they won't pay!
    Last edited by loodvig; 10-18-2009 at 11:42 AM.
    National Grid = Retired! US Army vet. 68 - 70
    As of April of 2010 I quit smoking! It's been hard but so far no butts! I am now an X smoker!

You got me LA Electrician,Lineman/splicer keeps me occupied, completed 2 full 4 year apprentiships though the lineman was closer 5 by the time they issued Trade Certificates. Glad I did it but I aint doing a third apprentiship.

BTW Fu(k you to Gator
    From the pole to the hole and both sides of the meter....

Yeah, fu(k gator. He probably wears a 34" waist overall and has to tie the straps together with string so they don't fall off his shoulders.
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

I'd rather have my sister work in a whore house than my brother be a narrowback!!

I would be ashamed to call myself a lineman if I could not do ANYTHING a narrowback could do. I can and have wired a home beginning to end and then run the service to feed it. I have wired in several commercial applications like a car wash with several bays, a welding shop, and a convienance store or two. Not to mention trouble shooting problems in industrial , commercial, and residential applications.

LOL!

I'm laughing because I'm thinking most of you would respond to this....in about the way my husband does. Maybe not to the extent as some of you... like Drifter or Poot, but like Loo said....you have to have some licensed guy with ya.

It's funny because I can remember (and I know this isn't the same thing....but still) when my husband (then boyfriend) would wire speakers in his truck. Then when we married, wired them in our house.

About the most I've ever done was an electrical switch and putting a new thermastat in.....and then I was walked through it on the phone. And then a few new fans.

However, it still strikes me as funny when we put some contraption together. What ends up as something simple always turns into something huge for some reason.

When I hear, "Dear, come help me with this....." I always think, "Oh boy. This should be good." I'm hardly ever disappointed.

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by Pootnaigle View Post
    I would be ashamed to call myself a lineman if I could not do ANYTHING a narrowback could do. I can and have wired a home beginning to end and then run the service to feed it. I have wired in several commercial applications like a car wash with several bays, a welding shop, and a convienance store or two. Not to mention trouble shooting problems in industrial , commercial, and residential applications.
    what this man said...

Journeyman Lineman... if it's electric... I'm trained to do it...

Edge