Default Pay this forward!

Featured Sponsor

I don't want someone ahead of me buying my #3 supersized. Buy your own and I'll buy mine. "Pay it forward" seems like the dumbest thing ever. And another thing whats with all these tip jars. I'm considering putting one on the back of my bucket truck. Maybe during a storm! Meat.

Default And thats why

they work at Mickey Ds pushin picture buttons on the register. Lord help em if they actually had to make change !

Geaux Tigers !!!!

This happened to my dad at MCD in Florida(sorry Swamp and L.A.) He ordered 1 o.j. 1 coffee. The gal says $7.95. My dad says "huh". She says "uh huh". Dad says can you ring it up again it can't be $7.95. It rang up again $7.95. Dad looks up, adds it up in his head and the most it can be is 3 something. The manager comes over and it's still $7.95. Dad grabs the drinks give them a 5 and says "when you can figure it out there's even going to be some extra for you two to split" and he leaves. Btw Swampy "pay it forward" is doing a good deed and buying someones food and in return they do a deed and buy someone elses food. WTF.Meat.

Default Nope

Its happens at all fast food joints whether they practice "diversity" or not. The worst I have seen was at at a Dollar General Store when I handed the girl a 100 and she had a melt down then the manager had one two tryin to figure out my change. They finally gave up and refused to take it. It was entertaining for a while. Pay it foward is like bein nice to some one just because. Kinda gives ya that fuzzy feelin.

Koga
    Last edited by Koga; 10-24-2009 at 12:41 AM.

Swamp, sometimes an oldster needs to use the Urban Dictionary ( slang dictionary) to look up what the young folks are talking about...

Pay it Forward....In the book the phrase is used as the opposite of payback: when someone does a good dead for you, instead of paying them back, pay it forward by doing a good deed for someone else..

Default Paying it forward

There was a movie made on the topic based on a novel, both released in 2000. I like the concept, but it is for people who are not interested in the accolades that go with doing a good deed, as it is to be completely anonymous.....I always thought that what people were supposed to be like anyways......before they thought of a phrase for it. What do I know?

Mr. Swamprat,

The concept of "Pay it Forward" is origanlly attributed to Mr. Ben Franklin.
    taken from a letter to Benjamin Webb:

"I do not pretend to give such a Sum; I only lend it to you. When you [...] meet with another honest Man in similar Distress, you must pay me by lending this Sum to him; enjoining him to discharge the Debt by a like operation, when he shall be able, and shall meet with another opportunity. I hope it may thus go thro' many hands, before it meets with a Knave that will stop its Progress. This is a trick of mine for doing a deal of good with a little money."

The phrase how ever was coined by Lily Hardy Hammond.
    taken from In Then Garden of Delight:

"You don't pay love back; you pay it forward."

The phrase has often been used by philanthropists as well as charitable organizations since the mid 40's untill present day.

I probably read to much.

work safely,

LAMartin
    Journeyman CVEC
    There's no such thing as "The End Of The Line!"

If you think you are worth what you know, you are very wrong. Your knowledge today does not have much value beyond a couple of years. Your value is what you can learn and how easily you can adapt to the changes this profession brings so often. -- Jose M. Aguilar

Quote Originally Posted by LAMartin.CVEC View Post
    Mr. Swamprat,

The concept of "Pay it Forward" is origanlly attributed to Mr. Ben Franklin.
    taken from a letter to Benjamin Webb:

"I do not pretend to give such a Sum; I only lend it to you. When you [...] meet with another honest Man in similar Distress, you must pay me by lending this Sum to him; enjoining him to discharge the Debt by a like operation, when he shall be able, and shall meet with another opportunity. I hope it may thus go thro' many hands, before it meets with a Knave that will stop its Progress. This is a trick of mine for doing a deal of good with a little money."

The phrase how ever was coined by Lily Hardy Hammond.
    taken from In Then Garden of Delight:

"You don't pay love back; you pay it forward."

The phrase has often been used by philanthropists as well as charitable organizations since the mid 40's untill present day.

I probably read to much.

work safely,

LAMartin
    Journeyman CVEC
    Time for another little one.....Way to much time on your hands!

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by Swamprat View Post
    "OLDSTER"? Shit!! I'm only 61! you're 57...Dude!! What's "OLD"???

I think the big difference is you are retired and I am around the youth every day at work. When they say something that doesn’t register I’ll ask and they gladly inform me the translation.