Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Featured Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    well Hellwinch... thats prolly not that bad an idea... salting Pike would be a way to start... perhaps floriduh?

all your sarcacism aside that's not a bad idea at all...

the bottom line still remains though like JB said they ain't gonna change untill THEY want to..

Edge
    Yeah the sarcasm.
    But HR is right, I would never call a man a RAT for taking care of his family. No matter WHAT, it just isn't right.
    I never worked the other side, so I have no right to judge their way of life. Maybe you others have been there and done it, but I still don't condone that term used on some one that is making his way through life making an honest contribution to society, unlike a few million that live off the backs of his/ our tax dollars.

And I have read all the spins on the nons living of the backs of the IBEW... but that's not even remotely the same... so lets not go there again.

If you want the nons under your wing, then instead of calling them names, make an honest attempt to get them on the same bench.

By your own admission you say you've never worked UNION,and you have no right to judge my way of life.Also by your own admission you say you aint' done much line work either!! So with that being said,how the hell do you think I'm wrong by calling anybody a RAT,you don't know come here from sick 'em,about me OR my trade.

You say you wanna learn as much as possible,here's a little lesson for you, until you have a ticket in your pocket that says "Journeyman Lineman" local such and such, keep your mouth shut and ears open! It will keep you alive and you might learn something.If you ever do see the light and come over from the darkside, you'll call 'em RATS too,I promise you that! E.S.

Quote Originally Posted by heelwinch View Post
    Yeah the sarcasm.
    But HR is right, I would never call a man a RAT for taking care of his family. No matter WHAT, it just isn't right.
    I never worked the other side, so I have no right to judge their way of life. Maybe you others have been there and done it, but I still don't condone that term used on some one that is making his way through life making an honest contribution to society, unlike a few million that live off the backs of his/ our tax dollars.

And I have read all the spins on the nons living of the backs of the IBEW... but that's not even remotely the same... so lets not go there again.

If you want the nons under your wing, then instead of calling them names, make an honest attempt to get them on the same bench.
    ORGANIZING! That's it! That's the advice you can contribute to us youngins! Nice Heel! I knew it wouldn't take long!

Actually you're pretty damn right on with this one Heel and I know that our Union already believes that way! They've already addressed the issue of workin WITH the Ra..I mean nons!

If ya think about it we all have the same issues with different company and our governments policies! I worked on the other side and we wanted the Union but were to intimidated by the companies and being called rats by the Unions we longed to join didn't help either!

Unfortunately there are a lot of stereotypes on both sides that need to be cleared up! Like ALL Union hands are lazy, nons are ignorant, etc.

We truly do need to reach out to our nonunion brothers with a HELPING hand!
    Last edited by MI-Lineman; 01-01-2010 at 08:52 PM.

Default Rats?

The first thing I learned when I was being trained by the I.B.E.W about SALTing was never insult a man making an honest living. Non union line hands do not know what the bennys are being a union member. When you belittle them it makes them think, why would I want to be a member of that club!

Default Rats

The two last post are 100% correct, I apologize, from now on I won't use the term Rat. From now on I shall say "contractaully challenged"! E.S.

Default E.s.

Hows the work in Cali? Got a buddy working in Sacramento?

To clear things up... A rat is one who crosses a picket line. Not to be confused with a non-union contractor.

Top, I thought that was a scab.

Yep rat and scab can both be used. We have so many retired lineman here at National Grid that have come out of retirement and become non-union managers under contract I have trouble calling non-union contractors rats.

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by kitejkoch View Post
    Hows the work in Cali? Got a buddy working in Sacramento?
    Works kinda ,slow.
    Got lots of friends in Sac! E.S.