Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
  1. Default copied from pike's web site

Featured Sponsor

Safety
    Pike is committed to safety

Safety is paramount in the electrical industry – and at Pike, we take our commitment to safety extremely seriously.

As a full-service EPC company, we’re mindful of the importance of safety in every aspect of our business.

To that end, our leadership team works closely with employees and customers to ensure safety. From education and training, to program audits and safety inspections, we factor safety into every project we engineer and construct.

Pike doesn’t just say we’re committed to a safety culture. We believe in it, instill it, and live by it.

2. Default

Pike is Committed to Safety

Out in the field, we ensure that our employees have the tools and training they need to stay safe. We reinforce our safety procedures every day; from pre-job briefings to onsite audits. We offer a 4-year Department of Labor certified lineman training course that is available online. Additional training includes 10 and 20 hour courses for safety, Decision Driving, Cover-up, climbing training and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).

Pike’s Stay Safe program encompasses Five Alive rules, processes for training, corrective action, rewards and recognition, and monitoring and reporting communication and awareness policies which are detailed in a comprehensive safety manual. We also implement rigorous programs designed to identify, correct and discuss safety situations.

Pike has formed a strong, strategic affiliation with OSHA’s Transmission and Distribution Partnership. We participate in campaigns sponsored by OSHA and the American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE) to promote safety.

Pike doesn’t just say we’re committed to a safety culture. We believe in it, instill it, and live by it.

3. Default So Eric JOINED his grandpa's company as a cass A????

J. Eric Pike
    Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and President
    Mr. Pike has been Chief Executive Officer (CEO) since 2002, Chairman since 2005 and President since 1998, following his role as Vice President of the Central Region beginning in 1993.

Mr. Pike joined the Company on a full time basis in 1990 as an A-class lineman on an overhead construction crew and worked his way up through the ranks over the years. He is a third generation leader of the Company, as the grandson of founder Floyd S. Pike. Mr. Pike graduated from Emory University with a Bachelor of Arts in history.

4. Default

Integrity
    We work hard to be a company where employees are proud to be part of the team, customers trust us, and shareholders want to invest in us.

Since our inception in 1945, we’ve built our reputation on dealing fairly and honestly in our business transactions and relationships.

That legacy is at the core of our company’s culture: We are passionate about our uncompromising Integrity, Safety and Solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by halfhitch View Post
    Integrity
    We work hard to be a company where employees are proud to be part of the team, customers trust us, and shareholders want to invest in us.

Since our inception in 1945, we’ve built our reputation on dealing fairly and honestly in our business transactions and relationships.

That legacy is at the core of our company’s culture: We are passionate about our uncompromising Integrity, Safety and Solutions.
    wow thanks for the laugh halfhitch. management at pike did a fine job putting words on a piece of paper with that. Too bad they keep killing young men with such precision. if the nazi's knew about pikes killing skills I'm sure they would've simply given the jews a belt and hooks and said" have at it" instead of building gas chambers.

easy Groove...

it's Hanukkah...

as a few on here know i used to work for Pike until i took a job closer to home with a IOU. i've been reading all these posts and believe that when you have a big target it is real easy to hit. they fed my family for over 15 yrs and kept us working even through some slow downs. i'll be the first to admit that i haven't agreed with everything that the company has done but i can honestly say that having worked for some other contractors , pike had the most comprehensive safety program. if you do some research you will find that they have been leaders in safety measures and developing safe work habits. Also i'll say that the new glove rule is a bit overkill but when a basic work rule is being ignored then drastic measures may be what it takes. i know it may seem like i am a die hard company man but i have had some major issues with the company in the past and was very vocal about them. not saying that i changed anything but neither was i reprimanded for it.
    Hitch if you are truly that unhappy with the co. then maybe you should look into something else, i really am not trying to be a smart*ss but i know that when something is bothering someone this much their mind is distracted and they can lose focus on the task at hand. and nobody wants to read about another incident to a lineman at any co. union or non-union. I've always been proud of my profession and was proud to say i worked for pike.

I understand what you are saying about the Fla. click I had a friend and former foreman who was down there and dealt with that first hand. i hope things work out for you

stay safe

Default Lack !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by IBEW? View Post
    as a few on here know i used to work for Pike until i took a job closer to home with a IOU. i've been reading all these posts and believe that when you have a big target it is real easy to hit. they fed my family for over 15 yrs and kept us working even through some slow downs. i'll be the first to admit that i haven't agreed with everything that the company has done but i can honestly say that having worked for some other contractors , pike had the most comprehensive safety program. if you do some research you will find that they have been leaders in safety measures and developing safe work habits. Also i'll say that the new glove rule is a bit overkill but when a basic work rule is being ignored then drastic measures may be what it takes. i know it may seem like i am a die hard company man but i have had some major issues with the company in the past and was very vocal about them. not saying that i changed anything but neither was i reprimanded for it.
    Hitch if you are truly that unhappy with the co. then maybe you should look into something else, i really am not trying to be a smart*ss but i know that when something is bothering someone this much their mind is distracted and they can lose focus on the task at hand. and nobody wants to read about another incident to a lineman at any co. union or non-union. I've always been proud of my profession and was proud to say i worked for pike.

I understand what you are saying about the Fla. click I had a friend and former foreman who was down there and dealt with that first hand. i hope things work out for you

stay safe
    Remember IBEW?, Pike didn't feed your family for 15 years, YOU did. Like you, I don't want to sound like a smart ass here. The more I read about this company, the more I hope you realize that you were one of the lucky ones. It's just sad that with all of these apprentices getting killed, and OSHA fines being handed out, in some way, Pike's name is involved. Maybe they do have a safety program that they preach, but it doesn't sound to me like they police it. I don't blame it all on the company either. Who the hell is watching these kids? I know when I have an apprentice on a pole, I watch every move he makes and I also remind the journeyman to watch him too. They are never left alone. In my opinion, all of these tragic accidents evolved from one thing, LACK. LACK of experience, LACK of supervision, LACK of proper personnel, LACK of safety procedures, LACK of proper equipment, but most of all, LACK of "give a s#!t". The company doesn't give a s#!t about it's employees and the employees didn't give a s#!t about each other. Sounds harsh but it's just the way I see it. Glad to see you got away in one piece.

Default This was in Pikes quarterly report

Our business is subject to numerous hazards that could subject us to substantial monetary and other liabilities. If accidents occur, they could materially and adversely affect our business and results of operations . Our business is subject to numerous hazards, including electrocutions, fires, natural gas explosions, mechanical failures, weather-related incidents, transportation accidents and damage to utilized equipment. These hazards can cause personal injury and loss of life, severe damage to or destruction of property and equipment and other consequential damages and could lead to suspension of operations, large damage claims and, in extreme cases, criminal liability.
    Our safety record is an important consideration for our customers. If serious accidents or fatalities occur, we may be ineligible to bid on certain work, and existing service arrangements could be terminated. In addition, if our safety record was to deteriorate, our ability to bid on certain work could be adversely impacted. Further, regulatory changes implemented by OSHA could impose additional costs on us. Adverse experience with hazards and claims could have a negative effect on our reputation with our existing or potential new customers and our prospects for future work.
    Our current insurance coverage may not be adequate, and we may not be able to obtain insurance at acceptable rates, or at all. We are partially self-insured for our major risks, and our insurance does not cover all types or amounts of liabilities. Our insurance policies for individual workers’ compensation and vehicle and general liability are subject to substantial deductibles of $1.0 million per occurrence. We are not required to, and do not, specifically set aside funds for our self-insurance programs. At any given time, we are subject to multiple workers’ compensation and personal injury claims. Our insurance policies may not be adequate to protect us from liabilities that we incur in our business.
    In addition, due to a variety of factors such as increases in claims and projected increases in medical costs and wages, insurance carriers may be unwilling to provide the current levels of coverage without a significant increase in collateral requirements to cover our deductible obligations. Furthermore, our insurance premiums may increase in the future and we may not be able to obtain similar levels of insurance on reasonable terms, or at all. Any such inadequacy of, or inability to obtain, insurance coverage at acceptable rates, or at all, could have a material adverse effect on our business, financial condition and results of operations.

10. Default

Featured Sponsorr

Having rubber gloves on when the boom is in the air is a bunch of bull espically when u can see that the boom is not around any primairy when the linemen is trying to get material from the groundmen.

And WTF took 3 % of are pay took are vaction days, Quit sponsoring the pbr. They are just starting to get riduclous
    New in the game trying to learn all i can why i can