Threaded View

1. Default What is PIKE thinking??

We got the"official" news on the guy that got killed last 2 weeks ago on duke power system. Now pikes answer to this is for EVERYONE on the ground to have their rubber gloves on. This dont mean just setting poles or pulling guys. They mean when you get out of your truck, you put your rubbers on. Frameing poles, hand digging holes, putting material together. foreman, lineman, operators, groundman, it dont matter you must have youyr rubbers on. Now, i guess the lineman can use his gloves on the ground on steel cable, driving staples, ect. and then go up and work hot primary???

You know what Mr pike? I got an idea, how about not sticking someone not qualified in the primary zone??? And get some training for the guys. You have these little classes that suppose to get us qualified on different things that are a day, at the longest, long. you want us out of there as soon as possible because the class room dont make money. Its all about the money to you. I took a climbing school with your company, Mr pike, it was a day long. I got a bud that went to work with a power company. His climbing school was 3 weeks long and just short of an army boot camp.

We work out of pin on buckets. Line trucks with pin on buckets because they cost less to operate on a unit job. HEY i got an idea, how about bidding a job taking buvket trucks into consideration??? Pin ons are nice to have for some things, but the crew im on has only 1 line truck and 1 bucket. We are a reconductoring crew. we lay out 3 phase primary, jack wire on double circuit deadends, ect,ect,ect. We do all this out of a pin on on a line truck. We are saving you money though, Mr pike, at the expense of the employee. We bust our asses out here just to have a supervisor come up and tell us we are loosing money, That we gotta work harder. Because the units are tight. Mr pike low bids everyone to get the job, then puts us all at risk to make money on a damned unit.

Ive jumped off topic a little here, but i guess i cant understand the way our management team reacts to different things. Come on guys ,rubber gloves all the time on the ground?? Who was the genius that came up with that one? and how big of a raise did he get for coming up with it?

And i wonder if this includes the boys from Alma, GA...or are they exempt???
    UMMMM