Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: mountain power

Default mountain power

Featured Sponsor

Anyone hear anything about the accident in hay,washington? I guess it was a mountain power crew working for inland? Any info would be good.
    just because you cover a pile of sh*t with syrup doesn't make it a pancake.

Default Mt.Power

Sad, but it isn't a surprise! I think they've averaged about one a year for the last few years!!! God pray it was fast and painless,sad ,sad,sad. E.S.

how strange... they pulled the article and deleted it from the arcives.
    <LI class=g>Line worker electrocuted - Salt Lake Tribune

One man was killed and a second severely injured Tuesday morning when they were shocked while working on a power pole in Salt Lake County.
    www.sltrib.com/news/ci_10312158 - Cached
    sounds very similar to an accident they had in AUG 2008

Seems like this company having fatalities at a far to often clip! I remember a poster here whos good fried died at this company not to long ago. And Im sure we all remember the horrific video of Salt Lake City. A couple posters knew those young men to. Everyone cries foul when pike has fatalities this often that is bullshit union or non when a company has brothers getting killed that often there should be outrage and should be looked into!!!

Default easy on the reins

i get what your saying linehand. I just don't get why these guys can't get their act together. i have had some of their crews do a little dock work for us and they didn't do the best quality of work for us.
    BUT, on the other hand, we had OUR first fatality 2 years ago, and i hope it never EVER happens again to where we get a reputation for doing crappy work, cutting corners, etc. i know its a corny saying, but
    "we are our brothers keeper"
    just because you cover a pile of sh*t with syrup doesn't make it a pancake.

Quote Originally Posted by electric squirrel View Post
    Sad, but it isn't a surprise! I think they've averaged about one a year for the last few years!!! God pray it was fast and painless,sad ,sad,sad. E.S.
    1 a year are you kidding me, we have had 5 in the last 10 years for the entire province. Just in case I was missunderstood yes 1 is still too many.
    Last edited by lewy; 01-18-2010 at 10:12 PM.

Default 5 is still too many

Still too many, but I believe Ontario has well over 100 utilities and contract companies.

8. Default

Talked to our construction rep. yesterday, and he said the crew was transferring highline over hot distro, and made contact. The highline was grounded to a down guy, and the squeak on the ground was doing some come up, come off to move it, so he got contact. Guess he is ok. Linemen are in some trouble though.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by LEAFMAN View Post
    Still too many, but I believe Ontario has well over 100 utilities and contract companies.

Back in the early 90's we had 360 utilities plus contractors.
    Through take overs we have far fewer now.
    I agree that even five is too many. Zero is the target!
    Every now and then we achieve this but it needs to be annually.
    The Old Lineman

Default One

Featured Sponsorr

is not acceptable. I don't give a damn how many people you have workin for you.

Koga