Default Electrical accident in CansoBy Helen Murphy

Featured Sponsor

CANSO – An electrician with the Town of Canso electrical utility suffered serious injuries in a workplace accident during the first week of March and is recovering in hospital.
    Mayor Frank Fraser told The Journal the town employee was doing work on a pole when his safety belt slipped and he fell to the ground. He is being treated in Halifax for non-life-threatening injuries. Fraser said the ground below was soft at the time due to recent warm weather, lessening the impact of the fall.
    The Dept. of Labour was in Canso a week later as part of its mandatory investigation into the accident. Fraser said they saw no violation of safety regulations.
    With a second linesman off on sick leave, providing electrical services -- including connections and disconnections -- is proving a real challenge, said the mayor. The town is working on an arrangement with Nova Scotia Power (NSP) to have a linesman on call while the town is short-staffed

http://www.guysboroughjournal.com/in...t-page-stories

Default An electrician ?

Or was he a JL ? Not enough info here other than he fell off the pole . So next your gonna tell me if he had a *ucksqueeze he'd be ok and we wouldn't be havin this conversation ?

Koga
    Last edited by Koga; 03-20-2010 at 09:01 AM.

I thought fall restraint was mandatory in Canada? From what I have read on here.

As far as the media is concerned anybody who does "electric stuff" is an electrician.

Without knowing the details, lets not speculate on how the guy fell.

I just hope he doesn't have any long lasting spinal injury or brain damage.
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

Default Im with you Clive I hope hes ok

But there are some questions. What exactly was his title and how much trainning and experience are we talkin here . Was he up workin on a traffic light feed ? Or is it a muni and he was doin line work. Just that he slipped and fell off the pole dont tell me much. Just another case for the #uck squezze they make me use.

Koga

Default mandatory

Quote Originally Posted by heelwinch View Post
    I thought fall restraint was mandatory in Canada? From what I have read on here.
    Definitely in Ontario!

Featured Sponsorr

Happened in Nova Scotia . Fall restraint is compulsory there too .