Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Featured Sponsor

Believe me, in the past when big shoe and boot sizes were not available there were times I wanted to cut my toes off so I could even get footwear.

Thank goodness for ebay and the Internet. 'cos getting footwear this big in my hometown is virtually impossible, and if they do have a single pair then it's a choice of take it or leave it.
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

Southern Indiana is home. But I work all over.

There no cobblers on your side of the pond?

Quote Originally Posted by Special ED View Post
    There no cobblers on your side of the pond?
    The majority of shoes are mass produced.

I suppose I could hunt down a shoe-maker, but lord knows what a custom pair of shoes would cost. It's bad enough that I used to pay over 100 quid ($160) for a single pair of leather shoes from a high street store.
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

4. Smile

Hey Big Clive, Whites boots still hand makes their boots, they are of great quality and are built to your feet. Also they are rebuildable, a little spendy but well worth it. You can find them at www.whitesboots.com check em out. Hazzman.
    Last edited by hazzman; 05-06-2010 at 07:54 PM. Reason: addition to post

5. Smile

Big clive, I also wanted to add that you can have your boots made to your specs. I like to take the 10" high smokejumpers, have em made 12" high and an extra peice of leather put in the sole. Theyare great for a day on your hooks and all around comfort Hazzman

Featured Sponsorr

I'd definitely get custom boots if I was going to work on wooden poles, but any poles I work on are steel and any work I do is out the bucket.

That said, I think wearing a pair of close fitting boots would absolutely destroy my feet. They get hot enough as it is.

www.bigclive.com