1. Default buckingham rope saftey

Featured Sponsor

i have a new in bag buckingham rope saftey for $100
    takeem25@hotmail.com
    618 599 0016

You couldn't give me 100 bucks to take that piece of sh&t
    IF YOU AIN'T IN YOUR TOOLS DON'T CHANGE THE RULES...BOYCOTT THE BUCKSQEEZE

Southern Indiana is home. But I work all over.

Hell.. Im in the wrong line of work.. I can make a rope saftey for a couple bucks.. They really sellin for 100?

Quote Originally Posted by Special ED View Post
    Hell.. Im in the wrong line of work.. I can make a rope saftey for a couple bucks.. They really sellin for 100?
    There over 200 bucks new form Fukingham
    IF YOU AIN'T IN YOUR TOOLS DON'T CHANGE THE RULES...BOYCOTT THE BUCKSQEEZE

Southern Indiana is home. But I work all over.

Guess the saying holds true.. There really is "sucker born every min.". lol Any competent person whom has gone over ropes and splicing in their apprenticship can make on themselves for free or next to nothing.. Sure as hell wont cost em 200 bucks.. lol

Default rope saftey

Guys might want to relax on the man alittle bit maybe he's new to the trade?
    i'm sure most of us have a tool or piece of eqipment we thought would work great but is now just weighing down are bags.

I used a rope safety a few times.........mainly on a pole too big to reach around...........get high enough to reach around it, drive a J-hook in the pole and save it for the trip down

Some outfits now though have gotta have an 'approved tool' list, and I'll bet, even though your home grown rope safety is good, it wouldn't be allowed, cause it didn't have that dang 'approved' tag from a manufacturer.......

Hell, when they came out with that 'lit finger' deal, that fit the end of your switch stick, and had a little light on it to help ya see, on them 'in the rear of' switches where ya couldn't get your spotlight to light it up for ya.....anyway, I bought one, took it to our Standards/Tool team to get it approved, and I was on the Team, and was told, not to let supervision catch me using it, until it was approved........my reply was to tell em when I use it, there damn sure ain't no supervision out there in the middle of the night and they'd have to catch me first!!! Never got caught, and it got approved!!

Made a Impact socket to use on bolts with lots of 'run out', where the regular long socket wasn't long enough..this was before they started making the long ones.........still got it.......just took a short socket with 1/2" drive, welded it to some square tubing that would fit 5/8 nuts, reinforced the nut end with some flat metal, and it worked like a store bought one......then made another that fit 3/4 & 7/8 nuts, and it just slid into the square end of the 5/8 one Had about $5 in 3 different tools!!

Remember using channel locks on the end of a 'mack', to be sure it was good and tight...they make a tool (can't remember what it's called) for it now, that doesn't damage the end of the mack..........hell the company wouldn't buy em, cause the guy that made em didn't have enough Insurance.......it works good too Mighty Mack, I think it's called.....
    Old Lineman Never Die......We Just Don't Raise Our Booms As Often

well said trb. thats the point i was trying to make. hell i used a bell wrench most of my life till the lowell wrench came out now the bell wrench hardly sees the light of day But i think were getting into a differnt thread here!
    Last edited by jrwhd68; 05-19-2010 at 12:54 PM.

9. Default

Featured Sponsorr

here we have to climb with "fall protection" buck squeeze or jellco. the rope saftey is for going over all the shit on the pole. and yeah its gota be company approved. i bought 1 before they ended up having to give us one. just kept it in the package cuz i never used it.