Default utility workers protection in alabama

Featured Sponsor

I work for alabama power my union is IBEW local 841 . Our local had a bill introduced into alabama legislature. It gives anyone that workes for a utility protection in alabama it covers every employee from lineman to the ceo. If some one intentional assaults a worker it is now just like assaulting a Fireman, policeman and EMS. now it is a assault in the second degree a class C felony. the bill passed both House and Senate 100%. Both Republicans and Democrats supported it and the governor signed it into Law. We had GAS co,COOP,WATER and Phone support on the bill. You can read the bill on our website www.ibew841.com I would like to see the bill in every state soon.We need some one from every state to get a copy and try to get going.

Quote Originally Posted by theweber View Post
    I work for alabama power my union is IBEW local 841 . Our local had a bill introduced into alabama legislature. It gives anyone that workes for a utility protection in alabama it covers every employee from lineman to the ceo. If some one intentional assaults a worker it is now just like assaulting a Fireman, policeman and EMS. now it is a assault in the second degree a class C felony. the bill passed both House and Senate 100%. Both Republicans and Democrats supported it and the governor signed it into Law. We had GAS co,COOP,WATER and Phone support on the bill. You can read the bill on our website www.ibew841.com I would like to see the bill in every state soon.We need some one from every state to get a copy and try to get going.

Good job, but I wouldn't want a law like that for us construction hands. They will be raising the standards for hiring and I like it that a young man that has been in trouble, jail or a felon can still come to the construction side and have a career. In all actuality us guys with the "Yellow Tickets" are considered public servants.

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by Highplains Drifter View Post
    Good job, but I wouldn't want a law like that for us construction hands. They will be raising the standards for hiring and I like it that a young man that has been in trouble, jail or a felon can still come to the construction side and have a career. In all actuality us guys with the "Yellow Tickets" are considered public servants.
    No the bill protects everyone if the young man you talk about is on the job. Lets just say he is doing his job and a customer robbed him it would not be up to the company to press charges the cops will thay can get a felony conviction out of it. I does not matter what the young man did in the past unless he robbed himself on the job. The bad guy on the non pointy end of a knife will be in trouble. It want take long to get the word out you hurt a lineman,meter reader,helper your going to jail.