Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Another Head Scratcher.......for SwampRat

Featured Sponsor

Had a trouble call one night, way out in the boonies, a little old lady, 80 something years old.........said everytime she flushed her 'pot' the lights went out!!!!!

Only customer on the transformer, 10KVA, 4/3 AL cable secondary (120/240V) to a lift pole, nightwatcher (175 MV) on it, then 6/2 AL service (120V) 2 wire to the house, 60Amp meter loop, with #8 Cu in the loop...........All the connections from the pot pole to the loop and inside the loop and into her panel......2-30 amp fused disconnects were Good......Voltage was good..124/246V at the pot and lift pole.......124V at the meter........

What was the Problem??
    Old Lineman Never Die......We Just Don't Raise Our Booms As Often

did she have a well pump?

Southern Indiana is home. But I work all over.

You beat me to it top groove..

Default They on their game.

I thought it was when she turned on the light switch the commode flushed. Something like that.

I got! I got it! Shorted out vibrator. Could happen.

I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Didn't mean to be vulgar in front of the girls. Swampis will eat on my ass for my lack of decorum.

Southern Indiana is home. But I work all over.

Danny it could have been a vibrator.. After all the first ones were steam powered... Aint seen none that require 3 phase yet but I bet some pervert is out there tryin to come up for one.. lol

I remember several years ago when you posted that trouble call on another forum... I forget what it was.

Dam, you guys ain't right!!!!!

But ya are right too!!! Well pump was going bad...when she flushed, it pulled the voltage down real low........got a new well pump and all was cool!!!!!
    Old Lineman Never Die......We Just Don't Raise Our Booms As Often

now thats funny SHIT!!!

Ummmmm reckon she dint shower reglar???? or did she jus do it inna daytime wiffa lites off. Inquirin minds needa know.

Cool You need Help!

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by Trbl639 View Post
    Had a trouble call one night, way out in the boonies, a little old lady, 80 something years old.........said everytime she flushed her 'pot' the lights went out!!!!!

Only customer on the transformer, 10KVA, 4/3 AL cable secondary (120/240V) to a lift pole, nightwatcher (175 MV) on it, then 6/2 AL service (120V) 2 wire to the house, 60Amp meter loop, with #8 Cu in the loop...........All the connections from the pot pole to the loop and inside the loop and into her panel......2-30 amp fused disconnects were Good......Voltage was good..124/246V at the pot and lift pole.......124V at the meter........

What was the Problem??
    Check all your connections up to the meter. Pull the Meter and check the voltage. If the voltage is good tell the customer to call an electrician. The utility company is not responsible for problems downstream of the meter. Don't bother yourself wasting time and money on such nonsense It's that simple!!
    MY WORK IS MY PLAY!!