Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Strike

Default Strike

Featured Sponsor

As of noon today IBEW local 1238 is on strike against Delmarva Power.
    Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
    Abraham Lincoln

Saw that on Facebook..............wish em luck!!! But it's typical, hands do the work and put their lives on the line and management throws their chest out and says screw the working man!!!
    Old Lineman Never Die......We Just Don't Raise Our Booms As Often

Default Trbl

You sure got that right...........got the word today at quittin time from the hall........I send my full support to any local 1238 members that may read this forum........Give em hell!!!!!
    Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
    Abraham Lincoln

4. Default 1238

Thank you for your posts on the strike. We at Delmarva Power have never had a strike before. But since being brought into the Pepco empire, things have been controlled from the Washington D.C. crowd. The main topic, although not the only one, is the company's slashing of the pension formula. Our current plan is based on Gross pay and no cap on years of service. The company has offered to "grandfather" employees 50 years old, and/or with 25 years of service to the old plan. The "new" plan would be a lowering of the multiplier, capping the years of service to 30 years, and calculating on Base pay. Roughly 1/2 of the membership would fall under the grandfathered plan. But there are still many employees with 20-24 years who would see their pensions fall dramatically.

I have been reading Powerlineman for a long time and I know many of you have been through something like this before. Good decent companies and employee's being given a "take it or leave it". How quickly they forgot about the jobs we did during the Major snowstorms we had this year.

Thanks for all of your thoughts and support. I will try to keep the group updated as best I can.

5. Default Storm

We had a wicked storm roll thru on Thursday night. That was the 2nd one this week. It was late Friday night and into Saturday morning by the time all the outages were cleared up. Jobs where one Troubleman could restore service, there were 3 "Contractor" trucks along with a company guide for each job. The Union and Company have been meeting all weekend.

hehehe......sounds familiar........hang in there guys
    Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Lineman8641 View Post
    We had a wicked storm roll thru on Thursday night. That was the 2nd one this week. It was late Friday night and into Saturday morning by the time all the outages were cleared up. Jobs where one Troubleman could restore service, there were 3 "Contractor" trucks along with a company guide for each job. The Union and Company have been meeting all weekend.
    yeah lightning strikes can cause widespread outages that usually can be restored quickly. Latter in the week I'm hoping for more powerfull thundestorms with straight line winds! are your troublemen non-union?

8. Default

All of our Troublemen are Union as are the Line gangs. We also have a Power plant unit, Gas division and Support groups such as the Call Center and Service Dept. All of the "contractors" the company brought in are Non-Union and the Outside locals are honoring our picket lines. More storms predicted for Monday night. And since it got to 97 today and the forecast is the same for tomorrow, it should be a nice show.

If you don't mind would you please post the names of the scab contractors and if you could please post as many pictures of the scab bastards as you can

Default It is.......

Featured Sponsorr

Time to put our money where our mouths are, I have tried to contact their BM, asked him where I could send money to help support the members that our out, I would ask all IBEW members to do the same, If you could post some info on where we could send money to support the members or if it is OK to do so as some say it will hurt your efforts in coming to an agreement.

Thanks.

John Bellamy Local 125.