Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dunn Number

1. Default Dunn Number

Featured Sponsor

What is your Dunn Number?

The Dunn Number is named after a fellow from Colorado. Mr. Dunn was the founder of a web-site to provide info and help establish brotherhood to line-workers. However, the web-site grew into a site for “cowboys” and under performers. This quickly led to the site becoming a joke throughout the industry.
    The joke: Mr. Dunn and friends thought safety had reached a suitable peak. They were happy with the number of workers being injured and killed yearly. They mocked brothers for working safely and then blamed them for accidents and rules if they cut corners???
    This led to the Dunn Number.
    It is basically a play on words.
    If you make a fatal mistake your “Dunn and your “Number is up.
    I love industry slang. When I heard this being used I had to pass it on.

Quote Originally Posted by byrondumb View Post
    What is your Dunn Number?

The Dunn Number is named after a fellow from Colorado. Mr. Dunn was the founder of a web-site to provide info and help establish brotherhood to line-workers. However, the web-site grew into a site for “cowboys” and under performers. This quickly led to the site becoming a joke throughout the industry.
    Really Cowboys and under performers? hmmm we may have a couple of those here. The members on this site quickley report any accidents and fatalities we hear about. A joke throughout the industry? please the only ones in the industry that think this sites a joke are the no nothing upper management types who preech safety but push profit endangering employees. We see it all the time at Pike. sticking a App with six months in the trade in the primary. So next time you hear this sites a joke take a good look at the piece of $hit who said it. Nothing pisses them off more as when we sit around and talk about an incedent they're desperatly trying to cover it up!

3. Default

Yep this site is up to date as you can be with safety. We promote it on here and those that dont think that are more than likely someone on the level of j. eric pike or his cronies.

Quote Originally Posted by never_forget_our_brothers View Post
    Yep this site is up to date as you can be with safety. We promote it on here and those that dont think that are more than likely someone on the level of j. eric pike or his cronies.
    well said brother... not a doubt in my my mind they offered byron a ton of cash for this site and he turned them down.

I've been reading my way through this site and I'd say there's nothing dumb about it. It's got a lot of good technical talk on it and some major league safety talk.

Sure it's got some "characters", but it's one of the busiest forums I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    I've been reading my way through this site and I'd say there's nothing dumb about it. It's got a lot of good technical talk on it and some major league safety talk.

Sure it's got some "characters", but it's one of the busiest forums I've ever seen.
    thanks bear If there's a better site out there I sure as hell haven't found it

Default wow

As most of you know, I very rarely post anything in the forums because I feel that my job is to provide the playing field. I have made it a policy since the beginning of Powerlineman in 1997 to not express any opinion on the web site.

Powerlineman has no opinion and has never expressed any opinions on anything. We just provide the space to have an open uncensored Forum for linemen in the power industry. I also do not post anything under a different username. I just don't think it would be proper for me to try to influence the conversation in any way because this web site is about the linemen... not me. Conversely, any opinion expressed on the forums is NOT that of powerlineman.com Again, powerlineman has no opinion. It is just a website.

But this personal attack really surprises me. It is kinda weird I think. I wonder just what this person is talking about because I have no clue.

Thanks, Byron Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by lineman View Post
    As most of you know, I very rarely post anything in the forums because I feel that my job is to provide the playing field. I have made it a policy since the beginning of Powerlineman in 1997 to not express any opinion on the web site.

Powerlineman has no opinion and has never expressed any opinions on anything. We just provide the space to have an open uncensored Forum for linemen in the power industry. I also do not post anything under a different username. I just don't think it would be proper for me to try to influence the conversation in any way because this web site is about the linemen... not me. Conversely, any opinion expressed on the forums is NOT that of powerlineman.com Again, powerlineman has no opinion. It is just a website.

But this personal attack really surprises me. It is kinda weird I think. I wonder just what this person is talking about because I have no clue.

Thanks, Byron Dunn
    I knew right away it wasn't you, not your style Thanks Byron for providing us a forum to discuss linework.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lineman View Post

Thanks, Byron Dunn

Does this board let you run IP checks? I know you can change your IP but if he didnt know as well then his IP could tell on himself. Just a thought..

Featured Sponsorr

Yes, you can, but it doesn't match any other IP's here. At least not with that particular IP.