Hybrid View

Default WTB: Bucksqueeze

i've heard all the hate stories on the bucksqueeze, but i want one just to try out..anyone hate their enough to sell it to me i'd be interested in it..PM me

need the distribution size..

DON'T waste your money!! I thought the same thing,had to try one out, so I borrowed one. It really is the biggest POS you will ever see! I will admit that you cannot fall,even if you try! I can literally turn backwards and upside down in my belt and not fall off the pole!!! BUT,,, the thing is so slow and complicated that if you have to save someone or yourself that it will slow you down so much that it won't help.You cannot free climb with the thing AT ALL, it takes two hands just to put it on the pole,you have to use a second safety no matter what ! I think we all are gonna be pushed into some kind of fall restraint sooner or later , I think the Jelco is the lesser of all the evils,it will let you use it like a regular skid. The Cannuks have been using it for years, I think it's tried and proven up North,I just believe Buckinham got the first foot in the door in the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by electric squirrel View Post
    DON'T waste your money!! I thought the same thing,had to try one out, so I borrowed one. It really is the biggest POS you will ever see! I will admit that you cannot fall,even if you try! I can literally turn backwards and upside down in my belt and not fall off the pole!!! BUT,,, the thing is so slow and complicated that if you have to save someone or yourself that it will slow you down so much that it won't help.You cannot free climb with the thing AT ALL, it takes two hands just to put it on the pole,you have to use a second safety no matter what ! I think we all are gonna be pushed into some kind of fall restraint sooner or later , I think the Jelco is the lesser of all the evils,it will let you use it like a regular skid. The Cannuks have been using it for years, I think it's tried and proven up North,I just believe Buckinham got the first foot in the door in the U.S.
    I agree Squirrel...was forced into the fsqueeze in '08..........retired in 09 hating it from Day 1....got hold of a Jelco, and it is definitely the lesser of 2 evils........
    Old Lineman Never Die......We Just Don't Raise Our Booms As Often

how do they work on riser poles with 2 or 3 shields..??

The Jelco will work just like a regular skid,,,,,

bump, anyone

7. Default

I have used the bucksqueeze and I own a miller fall arrest first addition. I found it on ebay for $10 dollars it was almost never used. I love it, it is easy to use and you cannot fall off the pole with it. I am 6'8" and over 300lbs and the thing holds me there. I can sit in my belt in it and I don't go anywhere. Now I have only done this a few feet off the ground not at any significant height but my point is I trust it to save me from falling to the ground and getting hurt. I worked for Michels this summer and they provided all the men with the new bashlin "free climber" arrest system, believe it is called the lariat. I think the bottom line is that if you come from an area were you are still allowed to free climb then you might want to try the lariat if you have been hitch hiking for years then i would try a jelco or miller. Most guys i know that have hitch hiked for years like the Jelco or miller and the overrall consensus seems to be that the bucksqueeze is the most difficult to use and it has been re-called recently, one more reason not to use it. Your best bet is to got to ebay and look one up there you can get some good deals on equipment.

I've got one that I'll sell ya. Haven't used it since line school, out here in wyoming we are allowed to free climb.