Thread: URD Labels

1. Default URD Labels

Featured Sponsor

I know no one likes talking about underground but I wanted to throw this out there, to see what other companies are doing...

For the past umpteen years, we have been using an embossing gun to make labels for our URD primary and secondary. I can't count how many transformers and handholes that I have gone into and can't read them, they've fallen off, or whatever.

What other labeling systems do you guys have?

2. Default

we use a tagging kit, attached with zip ties. info is direction, n,s,e,w, footage from staking sheet, what equipment is on other end of cable, trans, section cabinet, switch gear pothead pole, etc.

We used a color coding system, but also had the little tags that attached with zip ties, with the distance to next device/cabinet etc, written on the tag with a sharpie/permanent marker..............they held up fairly well...

also, most of the inside of the lids on padmounts and switch enclosures, etc had a diagram of some type drawn by the hands showing feed/load, color code etc........worked better than the tags, most of the time
    Old Lineman Never Die......We Just Don't Raise Our Booms As Often

Default Soft Aluminum

tags. write on em and what you write becomes impressed into the tag. tie it on the conductor just below the elbow. Use to use stainless steel banding material and a set of dies. Also have used the marker on white tags sometimes it bled and became hard to read. Writting indicates next device the phase goes to.

Koga

5. Default

Anyone have a link to the zip tie labels...stock number... pic? I think thats exactly what i'm looking for. When I worked for Burlington Electric, we had some write-on labels with a clear plastic adhesive that went over it... they worked great, but I lost (forgive the pun) ties to BED. Does this sound like what you guys have?

These seem to be holding up pretty well.

http://www.uticom.net/distribution/p...groundonly.php

8. Default

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by Electriceel View Post
    These seem to be holding up pretty well.

http://www.uticom.net/distribution/p...groundonly.php
    That's exactly what I was looking for...thanks.