Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: wesco sizing

Default wesco sizing

Featured Sponsor

I am thinking about switching to some Wescos Highlander or Voltfoe from Redwings. My question is to those with Wescos, how do the sizes run? I am currently wearing size 11 D Hoffman pole climbers. I called wesco and they really didnt have an answer for me. Their answer was each manufacturer has different sizes. I suppose I could order my regular size and return them if they dont fit right but that is a hassle. So any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Keith

Mine fit good on me. I ordered mine from Farwest Line Specialties...a lot cheaper then ordering direct from Wesco.

Cool Retired Lineman

I bought a pair according to my shoe size and they fit perfectly.A little stiff at first,but after awhile were very comfortable. I went to WESCO"S about 5 years before I retired as a Troubleman,best boots I ever had,especially for climbing.
    Grumpy

Quote Originally Posted by rcdallas View Post
    Mine fit good on me. I ordered mine from Farwest Line Specialties...a lot cheaper then ordering direct from Wesco.
    I order lots from Farwest Line Specialties too, I was just amazed to see they do not sponsor PowerLineman.com any more. I wonder what happened there?

Funny, actually I was in their store about three months ago since I needed a FR rain suit. The guy is tired of the way you spew and try to over run this web site. To bad you have pulled it down into the tubes. But the man is a businessman and knows whrere to advertise.

Default Oh hell.

There's several makes better than West Co's.

7. Default

If you've already made up your mind on Wescos, I can tell you mine fit true to size. Break-in was pretty quick and they are lighter than my Hoffmans. But, I wouldn't order another pair again. I would just stick to my 16" Hoffman Dri-Lines or possibly try a pair of Whites. The Wescos aren't near as comfortable and they sure aren't holding up as well as my Hoffmans. The shanks on the Hoffmans are way better. Just my opinion, everyones feet are different.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_utah View Post
    I am thinking about switching to some Wescos Highlander or Voltfoe from Redwings. My question is to those with Wescos, how do the sizes run? I am currently wearing size 11 D Hoffman pole climbers. I called wesco and they really didnt have an answer for me. Their answer was each manufacturer has different sizes. I suppose I could order my regular size and return them if they dont fit right but that is a hassle. So any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Keith
    If you're going with wesco, go the extra and measure and draw your foot with the sizing kit they will send you. Custom made and they'll keep your measurements on file. Alot of good climbing boots out there but for my money nothing comes close to wesco, best boots Ive ever owned......
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

Default Ah Hum.

It takes a pretty good boot to stand around and watch 3rd world workers fram up single phase REC stuff. Tuff.

Featured Sponsorr

Climbed in Wesco's most of my career, bought a pair of Hoffman winter packs, loved em, so the last pair I bought were Hoffman 16" Pole climbers...Great boots, barely broke in when I retired!!
    Old Lineman Never Die......We Just Don't Raise Our Booms As Often