Default How long do your boots last?

Featured Sponsor

So I've read that most guys don't wear their climbing boots all the time. But what I wanna know is, if you did, how long can you expect a good pair of Wesco's to last? They are expensive, but the most supportive and comfortable boots Ive worn.

Yeah, I dont foresee myself switching boots during the day. And I love my wesco's, I wear all the time, even on weekends... so most likely i'll wear em all day. And just wanted a little insight as to how long quality boots last in this trade.

How long? That depends on each individual on how they treat their boots and how long heels and soles last for them. Lets say if one pair lasts you two years before replacing, so if you have two pair and change off every other day, they, the two pair, will last you six years. Most boots break down from the inside out because of feet sweating and never getting dry. I talked to some one at Whites factory and they advised me to use warm water with baking soda and pour in the boots. This solution will get the acid deposits from sweat out of the inside of your boots. I use a Peet Boot Dryer year round to get my boots completely dry. If at the end of the day wet mud I hose of with water, dry mud I brush off. Dirt is your worst enemy with leather, and it really pisses me off to see an apprentice just lay his hooks and belt on the ground. When applying oils and and pastes to my shoes, I heat some with a candle and use a tooth brush to work it into the stitches of the soles. On the rest of the leather I work in the oils or paste in small areas and when done I take a hair dryer and heat up the leather, you will be amazed at how the heat draws in the oils.

The plus side of maintaining and having two pair of boots is, if one needs repair you still have a pair for work.

Two years in my Wesco's...leather and stuff is fine, but the soles are about worn out. Maybe if I never walked on concrete it'd be different.

depends where you work .in boggy ground your boots will get wet more than
    most in the mid-lands in ireland theres nothing but bog and i had to get most of my lads new boots every 8 months
    when we were working in the south east 2 years was the average boot life
    engineers aren,t god,s

Featured Sponsorr

One interesting tip I stumbled across recently regarding the fungal issues that can affect boots worn on a regular basis is to sprinkle some finely powdered boric acid into them. It seems to kill all mold and fungus in its tracks and can even kill athletes foot fungus.

Anyone ever used boric acid in this way or even come across it's use like this before?
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com