Exclamation Anyone in Line School, Tech College, Trade School etc..

Featured Sponsor

I was just wondering what all differences there are out there in line schools. I currently go to a tech. college in Texas. They've had the program here for a few years and it shut down for a while cause of not enough enrollment. This is the second semester it is up and running and my first of the program. It seems the wheels are just starting to turn here and the program going again. We don't seem to have sufficient facilities and limited equipment, no diggers or buckets yet (supposedly coming soon). We spend more time reading AEP's training manual and the lineman/cableman's handbook than any hands on training although they say construction will be a big part of next semester. Mainly we spend two days a week in climbing class for a few hours at most on those days. I don't feel like we are learning what we should and was wondering what else ya'll go through out there and how other programs differ out there whether easier or harder. I appreciate the input. Thanks

2. Default

Where at in texas are you?

EASTTTT near LA

4. Default

Ah, I was just curious, a lineman I worked with quit to go be an instructor at the job corps in san marcos, wasn't sure if you were in that program. I believe them to be without equipment as well. I don't know for sure because I haven't heard from him in over a year.

Default Line school

Featured Sponsorr

im in a lineman pre apprentice program right now its located in Michigan and its been around for a while now. its at the community college and they offer one year certificates along with 2 year associates in Applied Science. we do a lot of hands on out side be it climbing or wiring up service drops digging pole holes by hand or by digger. we use the Lineman/Cableman guidebook and handbook but the biggest portion of our program is the outside stuff.