Default Pole Climbing Accident

Featured Sponsor

I had a good friend who is a top hand fall off the pole yesterday from about 20 or 25 feet and it shattered his legbone below the knee, he is in surgery as I type this, early projections from the surgeon are that he will have to spend at least 3 months in a wheelchair as they want no movement on the plates and rods that they are putting in his leg, this man has 7 children at home and we are hoping to get him back going as soon as he is able, what he really needs is your prayers, so if you don't mind keep him in them. Thank's in advance, Charlie.

Thumbs up Willing to Help

Any more details N.F.L. on how this happened, I take it he was free climbing? Hate to hear of anyone being injured, thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family. Hopefully he will make a full and speedy recovery. What we need as a group of lineworkers (union and non) is a way to lend economic assistance to injured linehands and their families. I am sure the response would be well received. I know alot of us have heard of the FLEA'S especially if you have worked in powerhouses. It is my understanding that FLEA (Fraternity of Lineman for Economic Assistance) was originally just that, however once the narrowbacks got involved it turned into something else. We need to come up with something new to help those who are in need like your friend who I'm sure will need some help feeding 7 children. Let's hear some idea's, good things can start RIGHT HERE!
    " When character is lost, all is lost "

Quote Originally Posted by wudwoker51 View Post
    Any more details N.F.L. on how this happened, I take it he was free climbing? Hate to hear of anyone being injured, thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family. Hopefully he will make a full and speedy recovery. What we need as a group of lineworkers (union and non) is a way to lend economic assistance to injured linehands and their families. I am sure the response would be well received. I know alot of us have heard of the FLEA'S especially if you have worked in powerhouses. It is my understanding that FLEA (Fraternity of Lineman for Economic Assistance) was originally just that, however once the narrowbacks got involved it turned into something else. We need to come up with something new to help those who are in need like your friend who I'm sure will need some help feeding 7 children. Let's hear some idea's, good things can start RIGHT HERE!
    Thank's for the prayers Wudwoker51, he was freeclimbing and where he cutout there is a knot in the pole, we have at work what we call the lineman fund, most of us contribute $2.00 a payday and over the years it has turned into a substantial amount of money ( roughly 21 year period) we will make sure that he and his family are well taken care of until he can get back on his feet. Your idea of economic assistance is a good one and I would advise all who have not established some sort of fund to do so, ours has helped countless families who have suffered injuries and fatalitys through the years at our company as well as others that we have heard of. The group of men that I work with are some of the most giving people that I have ever had the priveledge to work around ( don't know how they all came to be that way, but I'm thankful that they are) We will take care of our brother just as he would us. Again thank's for the prayers. Charlie.

Quote Originally Posted by Lineman North Florida View Post
    I had a good friend who is a top hand fall off the pole yesterday from about 20 or 25 feet and it shattered his legbone below the knee, he is in surgery as I type this, early projections from the surgeon are that he will have to spend at least 3 months in a wheelchair as they want no movement on the plates and rods that they are putting in his leg, this man has 7 children at home and we are hoping to get him back going as soon as he is able, what he really needs is your prayers, so if you don't mind keep him in them. Thank's in advance, Charlie.
    Well that's tuff... with 7 kids... Hope he fairs well.

As long as he doesn't reside in Kansas, he won't have to worry about getting a good parking spot while he's incapacitated.

I hate to hear of accidents like this.....

they are preventable.

Fall arrest is for everybody. If you don't like the bucksqueeze, find something you like. I just traded in my bucksqueeze for the Miller Fall Stop.

There is no reason to ever have another of these accidents.

Best wishes to the injured Brother.

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by Lineman North Florida View Post
    Thank's for the prayers Wudwoker51, he was freeclimbing and where he cutout there is a knot in the pole, we have at work what we call the lineman fund, most of us contribute $2.00 a payday and over the years it has turned into a substantial amount of money ( roughly 21 year period) we will make sure that he and his family are well taken care of until he can get back on his feet. Your idea of economic assistance is a good one and I would advise all who have not established some sort of fund to do so, ours has helped countless families who have suffered injuries and fatalitys through the years at our company as well as others that we have heard of. The group of men that I work with are some of the most giving people that I have ever had the priveledge to work around ( don't know how they all came to be that way, but I'm thankful that they are) We will take care of our brother just as he would us. Again thank's for the prayers. Charlie.
    We have a similar fund at the union hall but particpation has been disappointing. Sounds like you work with some great individuals, best of luck and keep us posted on the brothers recuperation.
    " When character is lost, all is lost "