Thread: lineman boots

1. Default lineman boots

Featured Sponsor

Have wore wescos for the past 4 years. Has anyone wore red wing 921 lineman boots? They are a bit cheaper than wescos and was wanting some opinons on them.

I have been wearing the 921 for probably 10 years.
    In the buy and sell listings I have a pair of 9EE, used for a month for sale, that is the size I got for years, this last time those just would not get comfortable for me so they are still for sale if by chance they would fit you.

I get along with the 921 can usually get 2-3 years out of pair, I doubt they are as durable as the Wescos but a lot less money.

3. Default

Thats the wrong size I wear a 13b. That is another reason for wanting to try the red wing a local store has them in stock. Are they comfortable to climb in? Thanks

Cool Wescos

The WESCOS may be more money but in MHO they are worth every dime. I am retired now, but started out with RED Wings,good boots at the time. I switched to Knapp boots after Red wings did not seem to last,also hurt my feet. My first and last pair of boots were WESCOS,best I ever had,only took me 40 years to discover them.
    Grumpy

We don't climb a lot, comfortable for a couple hrs. then it begins to bother.
    If you are climbing a lot don't try to save money on boots, Wescos are a good climbing boot, a couple of the guys here have them and they wear for along time if you take care of them.

I am a big fan of Viberg boots, however they are just as costly as West Coast. They are sometimes so comfortable in the climber I have to actually look at my feet to make sure that my gaff is still in the pole and that I haven't wondered off to a bolt or a piece of hardware in errant. They are 400-500$ US depending on where you get them from. I buy from Far West they seem to be the cheapest and fastest supplier for me. I use them for climbing and for every day "around the house" and they wear REALLY well. I have a pair of Hall's that I use for UG and bucket work. For winter work I would recommend Hoffman or White PACs as that both are exceptional boots.

I detest Red Wings personally, they are comfy outa the box but wear badly and tend to get uncomfortable as they age. But, that may just have been my experience.

Unfortunately boots are like everything else in our trade--in order to find out what you like--you have to ante up the cash and try it.

Good luck with your decision.

work Safely,

L.A.Martin
    Journeyman
    Div.III CVEC
    There's no such thing as "The End Of The Line!"

If you think you are worth what you know, you are very wrong. Your knowledge today does not have much value beyond a couple of years. Your value is what you can learn and how easily you can adapt to the changes this profession brings so often. -- Jose M. Aguilar

7. Default Wescos

I have a pair of red wings that I wear everyday for bucket work but when I climb I pull out my 9 yr old wescos. The redwings are nowhere near the wescos for climbing. The shank doesn't seem as solid. I have been up the pole with my redwings for a couple of hours and my dogs were killing me. I have spent lots of hours in my wescos with no problem. I'm going to send my wescos back for a rebuild this year after hurricane season. The website says it's gonna cost 250 or so but it's money well spent to me!

Red wings are the worst, unless your going to be on the pole for 5 min., I like and use Hoffman Danner boots, they are broke in when you buy them and the shank is thick. Just over look the price

9. Default

I'm needing recommendations for lineman boots! YES, I KNOW, for the millionth time... I did just "google" it and found some sites with what seems like decent lineman boots recommendations, such as this one but the truth is... I don't quite trust these recommendations simply because I'd rather hear recommendations from real lineman workers who have tried a handful of different brands. So please guys, lemme know what boots you like the most. I've only been wearing used boots from pawn shops that I visited when working in eastern colorado and they're just complete trash. Very painful to wear after a long days worth of work and I'm fed up with it.
    Last edited by tiffanywelch; 04-14-2022 at 04:09 PM.

10. Default

Featured Sponsorr

The Red Wing 921 Lineman boots are designed specifically for workers in the electrical industry, with features such as electrical hazard protection and a steel shank for added support. They are made of full-grain leather and have a Vibram sole for durability and traction.

In terms of customer reviews, many people have praised the Red Wing 921 Lineman boots for their comfort, durability, and quality construction. Some have even compared them favorably to Wesco boots. However, as with any product, there are also some negative reviews, with some customers reporting issues with fit or durability.

Ultimately, the choice between Wesco and Red Wing boots will depend on your personal preferences and needs. It might be helpful to try both pairs on and see which feels more comfortable and supportive for your feet.